Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: #VINB Thur 29/11/2012: A day in the life of the Irish Times

Politics.ie Member Norman Bates's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default #VINB Thur 29/11/2012: A day in the life of the Irish Times

I’m not really sure what to expect from this #VINB show tonight. Details are scant. What I can say is that Vinny goes inside the Irish Times to see:
    * how paper is made
    * who sets agenda and why
    * how it’s doing in current media environment.

Whether, that is the show or if it’s followed by a panel debate or goes straight into tomorrow’s newspapers with maybe a resume of today‘s news stories, I don’t know. You know Vinny. You can guess yourself. Nevertheless, the filmed report should contain a head-to-head with our dear departed leader, Dave Cochrane. OMG I just had a bad thought - I hope Dave’s musings don’t end up on the cutting-room floor. Should be an interesting enough show - different anyway - and maybe it’s just as well to have a bit of a break before our heads are wrecked completely with the Budget 2013 onslaught next week.

Ready when you are, Mr D. Cochrane

... ah! yes, Vinny wants to talk about the Recession too.

Lisa-Marie Berry, #VINB Producer http://www.rte.ie/rose07/wicklow.html
    James Downey, Former IT http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Downey_(journalist)
    Deirdre O‘Shausnessy, Cork Independent http://corkindependent.com/blog/author/deshocks/

Previous #VINB: http://www.politics.ie/forum/backsta...ubmission.html

Online: Aertv | Watch Irish TV live online Or tv3 catch-up through: Catch-up TV, Entertainment, News, Sport, Soaps and all your favourite Irish and International shows from TV3

<< Backstagers is a new, Invite-yourself Group on this site for anyone who has contributed to a Backstage thread, like this one. Why not join? Click on Groups, click Backstagers, click Join, and away you go … Oh!, and you can always leave if you don’t like what you see. >>

Last edited by Norman Bates; 30th November 2012 at 01:52 AM. Reason: panel update

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Going to empty the bag. Good night.

Regards...horny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You feeling festive already Norm?
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another part of the latest Irish Times advertising campaign?

The Irish Times: The Story of Why (.....you'll be switching to the Irish Independent)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Could be interesting. Though Vinnie might well concentrate on the political side of things rather than on the messes that the Irish Times made in property (Property Bubble) and technology (DotCom bubble, the non-profit website, MyHome.ie). DC's view on how the Irish Times is doing in the Social Media will have a certain strangeness to it.

Regards...jmcc

Politics.ie Member Norman Bates's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    You feeling festive already Norm?
    Well, I was going to just say Bah! Humbug!, but then I convinced myself ... aw, why not?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Tubbs View Post
    Another part of the latest Irish Times advertising campaign?

The Irish Times: The Story of Why (.....you'll be switching to the Irish Independent)
    Or more aptly, 'The story of WTF'. The Irish Times really needs to do some effective marketing as its sales went under the 100K mark some time ago. The ireland.com sale/deal will give it some breathing room but the whole print news media section in Ireland is under a lot of strain at the moment and with most of the news free online, people who would ordinarily have bought a daily newspaper might consider it an unnecessary expense.

Regards...jmcc

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Could be interesting. Though Vinnie might well concentrate on the political side of things rather than on the messes that the Irish Times made in property (Property Bubble) and technology (DotCom bubble, the non-profit website, MyHome.ie). DC's view on how the Irish Times is doing in the Social Media will have a certain strangeness to it.

Regards...jmcc
    Vinny doesn't really function well outside of the studio or conference environment. I betcha beaker would love to be there!

Regards...jmce

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like one of those filler episodes with industry people talking about themselves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just turned on RTE talk show - John Waters wants to know who are the cranks?, must be going to lead them in a new party

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast