Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonstration in Galway - Legislate for X Now! Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:00pm

Politics.ie Member Ramon Mercadar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Demonstration in Galway - Legislate for X Now! Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:00pm

National Demonstration - Legislate for X Now!

Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:00pm

The vigils for Savita that have sprung up across the country have been so beautiful and moving. If we want to avoid more tragedies on this island, we cannot allow this energy to subside.

We in Galway Pro-Choice are calling on pro-choice activists, feminists, and all those who believe that we need to introduce legislation to reflect the X Case, to come to Galway for a national march.

The march will assemble at the Spanish Arch at 2pm, proceed down Shop Street to Eyre Square and then turn right to Derek Nolan TD's office at the docks. After pausing there it will return to the Spanish Arch for speeches.

For more information or directions please contact Galway Pro-Choice at prochoicegalway@gmail.com or 087 706 0715

National Demonstration - Legislate for X Now! | Facebook
    In 1908, in London, at the Olympics, Irish American Martin Sheridan announced “This flag dips for no earthly king," when the US team paraded past the royal box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sign the petition at the link.

Minister James Reilly: Instigate a public inquiry into Savita Halappanavar’s death

Petition by
    Feminist Society National University of Ireland, Galway
    Galway, Ireland

The unecessary death of Savita Halappanavar in the University College Hospital of Galway on October 28th has raised a number of serious questions regarding her medical care. These questions are inextricably linked with the longstanding legal uncertainty regarding a woman’s right to an abortion when her life is at risk. In the absence of legislation following the X Case, doctors are left in a precarious position when faced with the difficult decisions associated with maternal care. Also, their patients face real risk, should the termination of the pregnancy be necessary to protect their lives and health.

Whilst we recognise that the HSE has sourced an independent investigator, in addition to removing the three doctors from UCHG following public criticism, this is not enough. As Savita lost her life in the care of the HSE, it is unacceptable that the only inquiry into her death be undertaken by the HSE. As noted by Praveen Halappanavar’s solicitor, Gerard O’Donnell, nothing less than a full, public and independent inquiry will suffice. Only in a public inquiry can witnesses be placed under oath and cross-examined.

Please help us put pressure on Minister of Health, Dr. James Reilly, in order to instigate a public and entirely independent inquiry.

In solidarity,

The Feminist Society and the Global Women’s Studies Programme, NUI Galway
    https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...anavar-s-death
    In 1908, in London, at the Olympics, Irish American Martin Sheridan announced “This flag dips for no earthly king," when the US team paraded past the royal box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Give the unborn human a choice and then they may come looking for you in a few years and well, (I wouldn't want to be you)

A Vigil is a religious observance on the eve of a holy day, it is not usually used to call for the obliteration of an unborn human.

Good luck with the march, nobody really cares, the other tragedies are in the bucket in an abortion clinic, but sure that won't bother the marchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storybud1 View Post
    Give the unborn human a choice and then they may come looking for you in a few years and well, (I wouldn't want to be you)

A Vigil is a religious observance on the eve of a holy day, it is not usually used to call for the obliteration of an unborn human.

Good luck with the march, nobody really cares, the other tragedies are in the bucket in an abortion clinic, but sure that won't bother the marchers.
    You are an ignoramus.

A lot of people care. 2,000 turned out tonight for a Pro Choice demo at the Dail. 18 turned up for a Youth Defence demo this morning.

You're beaten and you know it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Better hurry Ramon, before the truth comes out and all that pro-choice hysteria dissipates. Tick, tick ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Mercadar View Post
    You are an ignoramus.

A lot of people care. 2,000 turned out tonight for a Pro Choice demo at the Dail. 18 turned up for a Youth Defence demo this morning.

You're beaten and you know it.
    Don't make me laugh, I only want an unborn human to have a chance at life, that all, I have no religious or political connections but I have faith in humanity to look out for each other and help one another.

you have no idea what happened to Savita, ZERO !

Two Irish women who died of complications relating to pregnancy were in the news recently, abortions would not have saved them yet, it is glossed over.

I am not beaten because it is not me that is throwing the mutilated/poisoned body of an unborn human in a bucket tonight for money. That's your game mate whether you like it or not, that's what you stand for.

Enjoy your march and don't forget to hold up the images of these unborn humans in the bucket, you can never escape what you stand for.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

National Demonstration - Legislate for X Now!

Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:00pm

The vigils for Savita that have sprung up across the country have been so beautiful and moving. If we want to avoid more tragedies on this island, we cannot allow this energy to subside.

We in Galway Pro-Choice are calling on pro-choice activists, feminists, and all those who believe that we need to introduce legislation to reflect the X Case, to come to Galway for a national march.

The march will assemble at the Spanish Arch at 2pm, proceed down Shop Street to Eyre Square and then turn right to Derek Nolan TD's office at the docks. After pausing there it will return to the Spanish Arch for speeches.

For more information or directions please contact Galway Pro-Choice at prochoicegalway@gmail.com or 087 706 0715

National Demonstration - Legislate for X Now! | Facebook
    But there's no knowing whether X Case legislation would have made any difference, at this point.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storybud1 View Post
    Don't make me laugh, I only want an unborn human to have a chance at life, that all, I have no religious or political connections but I have faith in humanity to look out for each other and help one another.

you have no idea what happened to Savita, ZERO !

Two Irish women who died of complications relating to pregnancy were in the news recently, abortions would not have saved them yet, it is glossed over.

I am not beaten because it is not me that is throwing the mutilated/poisoned body of an unborn human in a bucket tonight for money. That's your game mate whether you like it or not, that's what you stand for.

Enjoy your march and don't forget to hold up the images of these unborn humans in the bucket, you can never escape what you stand for.
    You seem to have a foetus fetish.

And you have knowledge of what happened to Savita?

The X Case legislation will be based on the Expert Groups report.

Bye Bye William binchy.
    Hello X Case Legislation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bye Bye William binchy.
    X Case Bill is defeated by 101-27 in the Dáil
    The pro-choice "flawed" agenda has been democratically and resoundingly rejected for the second time.
    Can ye take a hint?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bye Bye William binchy.
    An unborn human / foetus = same thing (I do not use emotive language like unborn child/baby) there is no need to explain such violence.

NOBODY! only the Coroner knows what happened to Savita, how could anyone else know, (except pro-abortion people who would use anything to get abortion on demand into Ireland, oh wait , mental illness also)FFS.

Always picture in your head a healthy unborn human is destroyed and going into a bucket and then into the ovens, then you know what you stand for.

Give life a chance,

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast