Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derry man, father of 8 jailed after 472nd criminal conviction.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Derry man, father of 8 jailed after 472nd criminal conviction.

This is absolutely nuts, no other word to describe it. (Actually there are many).

But this particular genius won't be spending more than a year in the clink honing his poker skills as the Judge Piers Grant imposed a 28-month jail sentence and told Lynch he would serve 14 months in custody and would be on licence for the other 14 months.

Thirty-nine year old Eamon Lynch has previous multiple convictions for burglary, assault, forgery and drugs offences. By no means minor offences, so why is this maniac allowed to roam the streets never mind able to produce kids. He was scooped after his car struck two other parked vehicles and the owner of one of the cars recognised him. He ran away after being spotted but was later found by police walking across Craigavon Bridge. As the cops approached him he threw a set of keys into the River Foyle, Eamon was then arrested and breathalysed, the breath test showed he was over twice the legal limit.

At that time, he had been disqualified from driving until 2023.His solictor said has the biggest criminal record in British and Irish judicial history. His eight kids must be proud.

Esk started a thread about the problems in the lower Falls recently, and this is one of the factors that contributes mayhem and chaos in NI's estates. It's a real problem and something drastic needs to be done, through lobbying and pressure groups. Years back FBTCC was quite successful in its campaign to change the law and was responsible for dramatically lowering car crime in west Belfast. More needs to be done.
    BBC News - Man with 472 criminal convictions jailed at Derry court
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

By the way, what's Global's real name?
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You'd have to wonder how it gets to that stage. Surely a judge; when confronted with a man with say, 112 convictions, would think to himself: 'hold on a minute here, this guy isn't going to learn'.

It's ridiculous it's got to this stage, it really is.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

i remember a local rag running the headline 'man with 279 convictions to go to jail for first time', i mean FFS!
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Worlds worst criminal.....getting caught 472 times

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is it still common for people to have 8 children in catholic areas north of the border?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He should be given some sort of an award or entry into the Guinness Book of Records..

For being the most unsuccessful career criminal in criminal history.

He obviously has a gift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And yet they put a woman like this inside Another failure by a system "not fit for purpose" | TheDetail.tv

Fukkin' disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Politics.ie Member O'Sullivan Bere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John Biffo View Post
    if it makes money for them, I guess it is.

Let the taxpayer bring them up.
    Bingo. If it doesn't make money for them, such as in the case of those who get great benefits for just having one out of wedlock for example, it's the taxpayers covering those who breed litters of kids (usually with multiple people) irresponsibly. It's true in the ROI too. Take this example:

. . .

Case study: Maria Gately

Maria Gately (36) is a recovering drug addict and mother of eight children. She lives on €230 per week and is finding it difficult to make ends meet.

“I’m getting disability benefit at the moment but it doesn’t go far. My two-and-a-half-year old goes to creche, I’m paying ESB, rent and nappies out of that and trying to put food on the table.”

“My family is looking after seven of my children and I go and visit them once every two weeks. Social welfare used to pay for a taxi to enable me to visit one of my kids in the country but they have stopped paying for this because of cutbacks.”

“Coming up to Christmas I was very depressed when I heard we weren’t going to get the bonus and I couldn’t get presents for my kids. I’ve never robbed anything in my life but I think people will start robbing now.”

“I was homeless before and since I got an apartment I’ve never looked back . . . but why aren’t the rich helping out now and not people on the streets?”

. . .
    The Irish Times - Tue, Jan 12, 2010 - End cuts to social welfare, says poverty coalition

Disability status and payments for being a junkie, bonuses and taxi fares to see one of the litter of these kids, getting dole for parents raising them, etc? And she thinks she's now also 'entitled' to rob to get it all if not given to her?

Right now, it actually pays to do the wrong things thanks to irresponsible social welfare practices. It should be carefully tailored to be a hand up for those who deserve it, not a handout to those who don't, and frugal enough to not encourage exploitation. It needs work requirements, mandatory drug testing and crime-free requirements for qualification and retention, etc. Otherwise, it's not just a waste of money; it's a waste of people.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by factual View Post
    Is it still common for people to have 8 children in catholic areas north of the border?
    Classic!

I thought were off in South America

- Birdwatching?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast