Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SF/IRA Councillor Condemns IRA Attack (On A Cold Evening)

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default SF/IRA Councillor Condemns IRA Attack (On A Cold Evening)

“These people are not part of the society within which the majority of people of Northern Ireland wish to live in.”

Ulster Unionist Policing Board member Ross Hussey said it was a “cowardly attack” by republican criminals.
    “The vast majority of people in west Belfast, like the rest of the community in Northern Ireland, want to focus on issues such as education, jobs and the health service,” he said. “The terrorists who committed this crime offer no hope of a better future for anyone and only a one-way ticket to prison. They must be rejected and handed over to the police.” Sinn Fein councillor Emma Groves said the alert caused major disruption for people in the area.

“People don’t want this anymore, they don't want to have to lift their kids and take their kids out into a freezing cold evening,” she said.

Read more: Pipe-bomb attack on officers could have killed: PSNI chief - Northern Ireland, Local & National - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

i guess she just forgot to mention the fact that a few cops could have been injured or worse...
    A pipe-bomb attack on a police patrol in west Belfast could have caused death or serious injury, a PSNI chief has said.
    Last edited by between the bridges; 28th November 2012 at 08:02 PM.
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not too dissimilar from Tim Atwood's statement.

“I condemn this action. It was utterly pointless and served nothing but to frustrate and anger local residents, many of them young people and vulnerable elderly couples, who were evacuated from their homes on a bitterly cold, winter night.”
    There was a potential for damage, but there was also caused damage to those who had suffered while the PSNI intervened to disable the device. These dissidents don't care about the welfare of PSNI but they do care about the constant rejection and continuing rejection they get from Sinn Féin, the SDLP, the vast majority of the irish nationalist community they claim to draw support from and the vast majority of people in Ireland.

I for one praise the efforts of the PSNI bomb disposal skills for what it is worth.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But it is freezing!
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

no one but us will know...
    Last edited by between the bridges; 28th November 2012 at 06:12 PM.
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    i guess she just forgot to mention the fact that a few cops could have been injured or worse...
    If she had to point out to people that a pipebomb could potentially hurt people then the place would be in real trouble.

It goes without saying, really.

I don't like Sinn Fein but the statement seems alright to me.

Castle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Narcissist View Post
    If she had to point out to people that a pipebomb could potentially hurt people then the place would be in real trouble.

It goes without saying, really.

I don't like Sinn Fein but the statement seems alright to me.
    The statement is ridiculous. Violently attacking the police is wrong and at the core of the matter, not the temperature or weather. Fuct up morality produces statements like that.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the first Sf statement I've seen where they've mentioned both the T word "terrorists" AND "Northern Ireland".
    Another ideological leap for the housetrained.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    This is the first Sf statement I've seen where they've mentioned both the T word "terrorists" AND "Northern Ireland".
    Another ideological leap for the housetrained.
    lol sorry its the way the quote reads! if you read the link it's Ulster Unionist Policing Board member Ross Hussey said that bit!

now amended!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Castle Ray View Post
    The statement is ridiculous. Violently attacking the police is wrong and at the core of the matter, not the temperature or weather. Fuct up morality produces statements like that.

Ridiculous you say.............did you condemn the unionists who discharged 1500 high caliber bullets at Chief Ordes PSNI after the Springfield riots..........don't fukking think so pal.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    lol sorry its the way the quote reads! if you read the link it's Ulster Unionist Policing Board member Ross Hussey said that bit!

now amended!
    Funny thing is I didn't even doubt it could've come from SF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast