Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: But I have No Daddy, teacher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default But I have No Daddy, teacher.

As a lot of you are probably aware I have two grandsons, but their father disappeared when the youngest fellow was not even born so he has never known him.

My heart broke last week when I was helping him with his home-work. Part of that home-work was a composition (I think they call them essays now) on "A day out with my Daddy". Little Johnny started to cry because he has no daddy.

I dried the tears, explained that thousands of little boys have no daddies, and we could make up a daddy that he would like, which he did. After he left I was the one crying.

Now the point of this thread is to say why the hell are some teachers so bloody thick that it would not occur to them in this day and age that daddies are short on the ground, so to speak. I rang the school and spoke with the Head Master and asked if perhaps it would be kinder to not generalise in this fashion, considering the social scene has altered so much, apart from the obvious that some children's dads are dead. Mine died when I was 7.

The Head-Master was very understanding and promised to speak with his staff, but it raises the question, does it not, that a primary school teacher would be so .....unknowing.... as to the realities of life for so many of their charges.

It's all very sad at times, this life, for the little ones, isn't it? Poor little lambs.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Poor little darling, but doesn't he have a wise and wonderful nan. All the best to you all.
    History repeats itself. First as tragedy, second as farce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe your ire should be directed at the absentee fathers!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There's nothing really to add except to highlight the stupidity of the teacher.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    You idiot. What about children who's father had died? Think before you speak.
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Owl View Post
    As a lot of you are probably aware I have two grandsons, but their father disappeared when the youngest fellow was not even born so he has never known him.

My heart broke last week when I was helping him with his home-work. Part of that home-work was a composition (I think they call them essays now) on "A day out with my Daddy". Little Johnny started to cry because he has no daddy.

I dried the tears, explained that thousands of little boys have no daddies, and we could make up a daddy that he would like, which he did. After he left I was the one crying.

Now the point of this thread is to say why the hell are some teachers so bloody thick that it would not occur to them in this day and age that daddies are short on the ground, so to speak. I rang the school and spoke with the Head Master and asked if perhaps it would be kinder to not generalise in this fashion, considering the social scene has altered so much, apart from the obvious that some children's dads are dead. Mine died when I was 7.

The Head-Master was very understanding and promised to speak with his staff, but it raises the question, does it not, that a primary school teacher would be so .....unknowing.... as to the realities of life for so many of their charges.

It's all very sad at times, this life, for the little ones, isn't it? Poor little lambs.
    Thats a very sad story and I think you handled it very well for the little 'un. Well done to you.

But its very difficult for people like teachers I suppose to take every single eventuality into consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Owl View Post

+1. At the very least, teachers should be up to speed with even a basic knowledge of their kids' family setups. Bereavement, separations, divorce etc can be huge factors in a child's life, and turn even a seemingly relatively harmless question/assignment into an emotional bombshell.

Politics.ie Member Happytolearn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No excuse for such short sightedness. Poor little fella - is it ok that I resent his daddy?
    I'm a better man now than I was that day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    If I could find the bastard it would be more than my ire he would get. But you are missing the point entirely. As per.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    You idiot. What about children who's father had died? Think before you speak.
    I think before I write! You should try it yourself. There are more children abandoned by their fathers than orphaned ones.

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast