Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heads up: Fresh LucidTalk poll out next week

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Heads up: Fresh LucidTalk poll out next week

Heads up: a fresh lucid talk party support tracking poll is due out week beginning 3rd December.

https://twitter.com/LucidTalk

"Great response at our stand at #DUP12 conference. All waiting for next @BelTel poll w/b 3/12."
    The last poll showed a growing of the Alliance party at the expense of the SDLP.

Watch Belfast Telegraph. Lucid Talk is a polling organisation north of the border. It is a member of the British Polling Council, a quality kitemark for polls.

The last Lucid Talk poll (May 2012) had the following results:

DUP 30.7
    SF 28
    UUP 11
    SDLP 12.5
    All 10.9
    Green 3.7

These results were widely seen as poor for the SDLP and UUP in particular. It will be interesting to see which party has had the best second-half of 2012.

My feeling is that SF on the one hand and DUP on the other have - despite the gloomy world economic conditions - run a fairly successful government over the last 6 months and that they whill show no loss of support to SDLP and UUP in next weeks poll.
    Last edited by factual; 28th November 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hasnt Gerry Lynch a former Alliance staffer and Westminster candidate a role in Lucid Talk.
    Met Lucid Talk people at SDLP Conference two weeks ago and they gave me a nice glossy brochure with no less than eighteen articles by Liam Clarke, political editor of Belfast Telegraph.....thats EIGHTEEN.
    Plus endorsements from Mick Fealty of Slugger O'Toole "leading political blog" (sic) and a radio shock jock called Stephen Nolan

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by factual View Post
    Heads up: a fresh lucid talk party support tracking poll is due out week beginning 3rd December.

https://twitter.com/LucidTalk

The last poll showed a growing of the Alliance party at the expense of the SDLP.

Watch Belfast Telegraph. Lucid Talk is a polling organisation north of the border. It is a member of the British Polling Council, a quality kitemark for polls.

The last Lucid Talk poll (May 2012) had the following results:

DUP 30.7
    SF 28
    UUP 11
    SDLP 12.5
    All 10.9
    Green 3.7

These results were widely seen as poor for the SDLP and UUP in particular. It will be interesting to see which party has had the best second-half of 2012.

My feeling is that SF on the one hand and DUP on the other have - despite the gloomy world economic conditions - run a fairly successful government over the last 6 months and that they whill show no loss of support to SDLP and UUP in next weeks poll.
    Dont really need an opinion poll then. Your "feeling" is good enough for me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FitzjamesHorse View Post

Dont really need an opinion poll then. Your "feeling" is good enough for me.
    Hi FJH. The poll will provide quantitative evidence for the purposes of empirical validation. My own feeling is subjective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=FitzjamesHorse;6089469]Hasnt Gerry Lynch a former Alliance staffer and Westminster candidate a role in Lucid Talk.
    Met Lucid Talk people at SDLP Conference two weeks ago and they gave me a nice glossy brochure with no less than eighteen articles by Liam Clarke, political editor of Belfast Telegraph.....thats EIGHTEEN.
    Plus endorsements from Mick Fealty of Slugger O'Toole "leading political blog" (sic) and a radio shock jock called Stephen Nolan[/QUOTE

This chap has a serious boner for Mick Fealty
    Even with the usual caveats attached to opinion polls, a 65% to 17% majority for Northern Ireland remaining in the UK suggests little room for doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi FJH. The poll will provide quantitative evidence for the purposes of empirical validation. My own feeling is subjective.
    I trust Red C polls more myself, but I suspect a few Sinn Féin activists may believe they are in the pocket of Fianna Fáil these days.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by physicist View Post
    I trust Red C polls more myself, but I suspect a few Sinn Féin activists may believe they are in the pocket of Fianna Fáil these days.
    Unfortunately those ones cover the south only; it is the Lucid Talk poll that is the 'go to' poll for north of the border.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately those ones cover the south only; it is the Lucid Talk poll that is the 'go to' poll for north of the border.
    By the looks of things they don't cover the West of the North either.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SF and the DUP will hold steady (but then, they'd hold steady whatever happened due to the tribal divide). I expect Alliance and the SDLP to do better than in recent times; the UUP is a disaster and will continue to sink.

The only leader I have any respect for is David Ford, who at least appears to be trying to work ahead with a shared agenda and listening to all sides. The biggest thing SF and the DUP were whinging about yesterday was people not turning up to ask their questions at Stormont (Marty even wants disciplinary action taken against abstentionists - the irony!); Jim Allister made the cogent point that he had been waiting for up to 16 months for answers to some of his questions from the FM/DFM - their outrage seemed in short supply there.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    SF and the DUP will hold steady (but then, they'd hold steady whatever happened due to the tribal divide). I expect Alliance and the SDLP to do better than in recent times; the UUP is a disaster and will continue to sink.

The only leader I have any respect for is David Ford, who at least appears to be trying to work ahead with a shared agenda and listening to all sides. The biggest thing SF and the DUP were whinging about yesterday was people not turning up to ask their questions at Stormont (Marty even wants disciplinary action taken against abstentionists - the irony!); Jim Allister made the cogent point that he had been waiting for up to 16 months for answers to some of his questions from the FM/DFM - their outrage seemed in short supply there.
    Though I do not agree with his politics at all, and though he is very opposed to SF, Jim Allister adds a certain edginess to the debates that sometimes makes the debates less boring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast