Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a list of budget predictions?

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anyone have a list of budget predictions?

There' was a lot of kite flying in the Autumn, less over the past month. The budget is two weeks away and is predicted to be "savage". The promise from both parties before election was that cuts would be equal to (Labour) or greater than (FG) tax increases, and this budget could either bite the bullet (address public costs in some significant way) or kick to touch (tax more to reduce deficit, but achieve nothing).

What are peoples' predictions?
    The more things change....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My prediction is, We are ALL DOOMED !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure the German government have all the details and will leak it soon.
    'I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes.' - Kurt Cobain

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Budget 2013

Given the "lack of kites" being flown, I note there isn't a thread on the Budget, so I'll start this one. With no links, few points but some of those invisible kites that occassionally get spotted.

One kite spotted today.
    JS recipients will have their benefits cut (presumably on a scale but don't know) at 9 months of unemployment rather than the current 12 months.

Another from yesterday but not coming in until mid next year is Property Tax. Those on State payments will have the Property tax taken directly from payment source. A marriage between SP and Revenue with Noonan as presiding priest.

Motor tax to get a hike. (got mine yesterday, always beats the current year's budget hike)
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever goes you can be sure the usual suspects, Joe Higgins, Richard Boyd Barrett and Pearse Doherty are preparing exaggerated cliches and imagery of the poor and the defenseless. It disgusted me last year when Pearse told the story of the homeless man and purely exploited him for political gain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myksav View Post

Motor tax to get a hike. (got mine yesterday, always beats the current year's budget hike)
    That, booze & tobacco are the only Certs, only a question of how much

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it will be a mickey mouse effort (trying to offend as few people as possible) but with a myriad of additional cuts and charges will get up everyones noses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Be patient the German Economy Minister is still thinking about it.
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
    Be patient the German Economy Minister is still thinking about it.
    Eh i think you'll find that some fund manager from Deutche Bank is looking after the pixy irish f&*ks
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    There' was a lot of kite flying in the Autumn, less over the past month. The budget is two weeks away and is predicted to be "savage". The promise from both parties before election was that cuts would be equal to (Labour) or greater than (FG) tax increases, and this budget could either bite the bullet (address public costs in some significant way) or kick to touch (tax more to reduce deficit, but achieve nothing).

What are peoples' predictions?
    Care to swap thread titles? Mine is catchier to the eye.

Pity I hadn't been notified about slinging my OP into this thread, which must have bumped it to the front page.
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast