Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy Irish ? For Services ? You must be having a laugh !!!!

Default Buy Irish ? For Services ? You must be having a laugh !!!!

In order to ascertain if an experiment is accurate and reliable, people often repeat the data collection many times. So, you are invited to collect your own data and to arrive at your own conclusions.

Over the last couple of years i have been using many different barber shops across Dublin to get my hair cut. Trying to find the perfect barber that i can stay loyal to forever. Have now tried about 20 of them. One Polish one is cheap and no frills- 7 quid. Another Polish one is priced at the market rate of a tenner yet she takes ages to cut your hair and does an excellent job. 45 minutes in the chair. The fellas from Azerbaijan will throw in a head massage and some exotic eyebrow treatments for free - a good 35 minutes fun. The Turkish fellas use hot towels and make me feel like a Sultan for a day - for 9 quid.

The one notable observation is that about half the Irish ones are just ok, acceptable. And the other half of the Irish ones are truly abysmal. The worst example being an auld fella in the city centre who begins cutting my hair and then after about 4 minutes goes 'voila, all done, thats 18 quid pleeease'. And when you ask him to 'please finish the job' he makes a face akin to Padre Pio weeping for all the pains in the world and starts to bemoan the death of De Valera.

So, lets forget about hair and think about 'the service industry' in general. Is it worth buying Irish or is it sentimental financial suicide ?
    Tertiary sector of the economy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Please keep the discussion polite and respectful at all times.
    How about gender-balance in immigration into ireland ? Is it currently 40 blokes arriving for every 1 woman arriving on these shores ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would have thought that going anywhere in Ireland for a haircut was buying Irish!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Of Newgrange View Post
    In order to ascertain if an experiment is accurate and reliable, people often repeat the data collection many times. So, you are invited to collect your own data and to arrive at your own conclusions.

Over the last couple of years i have been using many different barber shops across Dublin to get my hair cut. Trying to find the perfect barber that i can stay loyal to forever. Have now tried about 20 of them. One Polish one is cheap and no frills- 7 quid. Another Polish one is priced at the market rate of a tenner yet she takes ages to cut your hair and does an excellent job. 45 minutes in the chair. The fellas from Azerbaijan will throw in a head massage and some exotic eyebrow treatments for free - a good 35 minutes fun. The Turkish fellas use hot towels and make me feel like a Sultan for a day - for 9 quid.

The one notable observation is that about half the Irish ones are just ok, acceptable. And the other half of the Irish ones are truly abysmal. The worst example being an auld fella in the city centre who begins cutting my hair and then after about 4 minutes goes 'voila, all done, thats 18 quid pleeease'. And when you ask him to 'please finish the job' he makes a face akin to Padre Pio weeping for all the pains in the world and starts to bemoan the death of De Valera.

So, lets forget about hair and think about 'the service industry' in general. Is it worth buying Irish or is it sentimental financial suicide ?
    Tertiary sector of the economy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Please keep the discussion polite and respectful at all times.
    My Mrs cuts mine far better than any barber I have ever been to, why don't you just keep shopping around like everybody else in the known world until you are happy and stop wasting time, we have politicians to slag off here.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthisfree View Post
    I would have thought that going anywhere in Ireland for a haircut was buying Irish!
    Yep. It's supporting the Irish economy.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go for an Irish night out in the centre of Dublin and pay 25%+ more than an Irish night out locally. Two tier Ireland still exists.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Grafton barber ...on Grafton street , can't be beaten ........ Not about the money , its about the quality of the cut ( head massage usually included)

Dont really understand the thread TBH

I can buy a shirt in Michael Guineys ....or Pink ....its entirely up to me how i spend my money , if i feel something is a rip off , i don't buy it ...simple really

Anyway , men in general have little to complain about regarding the cost of haircuts considering we pay a fraction of what women pay
    Is there any Incompetence Scandal or Corruption that would actually make the Irish electorate wake up ....It seems not, so screw em

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At least we have our hair!
    Leges sine moribus vanae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh look. Another of those self-loathing, the-Irish-are-the-worst-nation-ever threads.
    Eagla agus eaglais: an bhfuil an fhréamh teangeolaíochta céanna acu?

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I cut my own hair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthisfree View Post
    Agreed. Ethnicity of service-provider is irellevant. Unless op just dislikes foreigners - then he/she has other problems to deal with.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast