Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Ron Paul the tortoise

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Ron Paul the tortoise

    Of the last 20 republican straw polls during the summer Ron Paul has to date won 8 of them.

    These are all minor victories, but 8 victories nonetheless.

    Some commentators on here, when referring to the American campaign have said that Ron Paul's large following on the internet is hyped up and clearly the numbers are faked.

    It has also been said repeatedly that any internet support for Ron Paul would not emerge on the ground at local level.

    Yet locally, Ron Paul's supporters have handed him 8 straw poll wins. Plus 2nd place 4 times, and 3rd place on 3 occasions from a total of 20 polls.

    A big test comes this weekend in Texas with the state poll.

    I cant see Ron Paul getting more than the 9% he got in Iowa.

    Either way like the tortoise he's in for the long haul.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Ron Paul the tortoise

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes_west
    Either way like the tortoise he's in for the long haul.
    He's 72.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    There is no way in hell he will get the nomination.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Earl of Desmond
    There is no way in hell he will get the nomination.
    Fair enough. What evidence leads you to that conclusion?

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Because the Republicans are as corrupt and sleazy as FF is. Their instinct to win at all costs will eventually take over and they'll pick a candidate who has a chance to win - whether they will win or not time will tell but they will fight to the death in 2008 as the moment Hillary Clinton gets into the White House she won't change anything about Iraq etc but she will go for the sleaze and funding the Bushes files and release all that info.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Earl of Desmond
    Because the Republicans are as corrupt and sleazy as FF is. Their instinct to win at all costs will eventually take over and they'll pick a candidate who has a chance to win - whether they will win or not time will tell but they will fight to the death in 2008 as the moment Hillary Clinton gets into the White House she won't change anything about Iraq etc but she will go for the sleaze and funding the Bushes files and release all that info.
    Ok thanks. But i really thought you were going to come from a different angle with reasons why he wont win.

    If you are right and their instinct is to win at all costs which republican candidate can get the vote out?

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Not another ************************************g Ron Paul thread.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    1,378
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    A healthy bunch, 3 cancer patients in the top 4.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by youngdan
    A healthy bunch, 3 cancer patients in the top 4.
    who are they? and welcome back.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Personally I dont care but I would imagine it will be Romney but that the grand plan is to sit out 2008 and leave it to whoever wins the nomination to do whatever they want but then for Jeb Bush in 2012 - now that would be scary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •