Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Coalition at war over USC increase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Coalition at war over USC increase

Front page of Sunday Times, today, 25th November.
    If anything points up the rank rotten nature of the Fine Gael party, then this does.
    The thrust of the story is that Labour, in a casual allusion to their working class roots, have proposed an increase in USC for workers earning over €100,000 euro per annum. Why that figure? Methinks they're reading the Sinn Fein website.
    The larger government partner apparently have returned serve with a volley that they will then target social welfare. What, tell me in the name of suffering Christ have social welfare recipients done that they should be targeted by Fine Gael in this way.
    Without resorting to Godwin's, it's not up there with the Nazis policy of wiping out the village when they were attacked by the Free French or the partizans,but you see the mindset in play here. You attack our guys, we attack your guys (stifles a laugh). For the nth time, I can't explain why, aside from arithmetical purposes, Labour are in coalition with these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ticketyboo View Post
    Front page of Sunday Times, today, 25th November.
    If anything points up the rank rotten nature of the Fine Gael party, then this does.
    The thrust of the story is that Labour, in a casual allusion to their working class roots, have proposed an increase in USC for workers earning over €100,000 euro per annum. Why that figure? Methinks they're reading the Sinn Fein website.
    The larger government partner apparently have returned serve with a volley that they will then target social welfare. What, tell me in the name of suffering Christ have social welfare recipients done that they should be targeted by Fine Gael in this way.
    Without resorting to Godwin's, it's not up there with the Nazis policy of wiping out the village when they were attacked by the Free French or the partizans,but you see the mindset in play here. You attack our guys, we attack your guys (stifles a laugh). For the nth time, I can't explain why, aside from arithmetical purposes, Labour are in coalition with these guys.
    I'd like to see a more reliable source than the Sunday Times.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Anything in the Sindo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get the name right. There is nothing remotely social about this charge. It's the Bank Gambling Balls-up Tax.
    We are all born mad. Some remain so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I can't explain why, aside from arithmetical purposes, Labour are in coalition with these guys.
    To get some of their policies implemented now rather than staying ideologically pure until the people decide to agree with them?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing to do with the SF website i'd say. 100k is a nice round figure, that is used by most
    people to indicate those on high incomes. By the way, there are probably many one income families on around 100k who are actually struggling, particularly if they bought property around the peak of the bubble.

Politics.ie Member APettigrew92's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The thrust of the story is that Labour, in a casual allusion to their working class roots, have proposed an increase in USC for workers earning over €100,000 euro per annum.
    You answered the following question above.

For the nth time, I can't explain why, aside from arithmetical purposes, Labour are in coalition with these guys.
    Labour are in it for their own monetary gain, not for the Working Class.

My local TD hasn't been seen once in his local constituency since the election. Even Paschal has been doing the rounds.

The Truth is that the gombeens running Labour have turned the rudder in direction of Centre-Right Politics.

Labour are not in Government to protect the vulnerable. They are, after all, pushing up Uni Fees by €250 next year.

They are not here to promote feminism either. Handing your wife a created job without any competition can really only be considered quite sexist, as it implies she can't compete in the real world.

Labour are a joke. Their survival in the next election is predecided.

With morons like Rabitte, Reilly and Gilmore, they will be lucky to get half the seats they got last year.
    Avarus animus nullo satiatur lucro - Latin Proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    If its not in the Irish Times, the Labour Party doesn't believe it

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Animal Farm

Oink

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    To get some of their policies implemented now rather than staying ideologically pure until the people decide to agree with them?
    I hope they enjoy themselves before they go the way of the PD's and Greens before them...

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast