Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro-Life Campaigners telephone spamming?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Phone polling on abortion.

Has anyone else received an automated cold call, playing a recording of someone claiming to be a doctor from Galway, I didn't catch the name as it was a bad line for the first few seconds of the call. He was saying how that Ireland was safe for pregnant women and that the recent tragedy was just that a tragedy, and how termination rules were in place and would not have changed the outcome. Then the poll part.

press 1 for no change.*
    press 2 for some change.*
    press 3 for introduction of the UK abortion laws.*
    (*Unsure of the exact wording but you get the idea)

Amazingly when I pressed 3 I was asked 4 times to repeat my selection, (By an American accented man) before it was accepted. I wonder if I had changed my mind would it have been any quicker.

Any ideas who is behind these calls and who is paying for them?

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Pro-Life Campaigners telephone spamming?" </Mod>
    Last edited by stringjack; 24th November 2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Merged thread.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hopefully not a scam

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds fishy.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samell View Post
    Has anyone else received an automated cold call, playing a recording of someone claiming to be a doctor from Galway, I didn't catch the name as it was a bad line for the first few seconds of the call. He was saying how that Ireland was safe for pregnant women and that the recent tragedy was just that a tragedy, and how termination rules were in place and would not have changed the outcome. Then the poll part.

press 1 for no change.*

Amazingly when I pressed 3 I was asked 4 times to repeat my selection, (By an American accented man) before it was accepted. I wonder if I had changed my mind would it have been any quicker.

fg/lab

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

press 1 for no change.*

What was the phone number?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

press 1 for no change.*

I suspect that you might be paying for it!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Giz3us View Post
    What was the phone number?
    Only showed up as 'unknown number'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

press 1 for no change.*

It wasn't claiming to be a doctor from Galway, the message read out a statement by O'Dwyer about there being no need for abortion , Ireland is the safest place to have a baby blah blah blah,I just hung up as there was no statement as to who they were and why they were cold calling me a ten past five

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some Sunday Paper (the Sindo?) will gladly publish the results of this 'poll' as if it reflected the wishes of Ireland.
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pro Life?

They'll claim 100% of people don't want any change.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast