Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Robinson wanted to give North/South money to loyalists instead: Margaret Ritchie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Robinson wanted to give North/South money to loyalists instead: Margaret Ritchie

Stephen Walker has reported another bolt from the SDLP to rain on the increasing failing Sinn Feinn. In a Commons discussion, Ms Ritchie claimed that the First minister said that money from the North South bodies should be paid to increasingly "restless" loyalists, via "community projects" .

From the article;

"The DUP leader, first minister of Northern Ireland and former member of this house, only recently complained to the Irish government that funding going into worthwhile North-South infrastructure projects should instead go to community projects for loyalists - because loyalist paramilitaries were getting restless and increasingly of a disposition to strike out."

Nigel Dodds challenged Ms Ritchie to provide evidence to support her claim, to which she replied that the evidence was there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20415597
    Last edited by eskrimador; 21st November 2012 at 08:27 PM.
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Politics.ie Member Global Justice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Loyalists = leeches.

Fat grown men with one eye, tattoos and Rangers tops inciting and engaging in sectarian thuggery and violence just because they want some money. Pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Global Justice View Post
    Loyalists = leeches.

Fat grown men with one eye, tattoos and Rangers tops inciting and engaging in sectarian thuggery and violence just because they want some money. Pathetic.
    Did you get bullied at school?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eskrimador View Post
    Nigel Dodds challenge Ms Ritchie to provide evidence to support her claim, to which she replied that the evidence was there.

BBC News - Ritchie: Robinson wanted North-South money 'for loyalists'
    The moon is made of cheese.

I won't be providing the evidence.......but I suspect it is there somewhere.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Playing silly games all the SDLP have left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBilko View Post
    The moon is made of cheese.

I won't be providing the evidence.......but I suspect it is there somewhere.
    Time will tell.

Never was a fan of Ritchie but at least she had the gumption to stand up to opportunist loyalists. THe DUP's cosy relationship, which we always strongly suspected, is just plain naked these days
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by factual View Post
    So, you support money being taken, as a supposed republican, from North South bodies to give to loyalist drug dealing gangsters?

Politics.ie Member Portadown madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

loyalist paramilitaries were getting restless and increasingly of a disposition to strike out."

I'd like to see some evidence of Robinson saying this. Tis a bold statement from Ritchie.

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtBilko View Post
    Did you get bullied at school?
    Did he/she go to school at all ?
    "What Michael Collins accepted in '22,De Valera accepted in'27 and Gerry Adams accepted in '98.Sooner or later they all come around to accepting the Treaty"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by factual View Post
    Is this part of the squabble about SDLP Members sheltering IRA men in Derry during the troubles?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast