Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Croke Park Agreement to be extended to 2016!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Croke Park Agreement to be extended to 2016!

LOL, is the best words I can find to describe this.

Brendan Howlin wants to extend the Croke Park Agreement on public service pay and reform to 2016 and make an additional €1 billion in savings.

Amazing and shocking and the best part is he only wants to find another billion!

Why 2016, Just to get you over the next election?

PUBLIC EXPENDITURE AND Reform Minister Brendan Howlin has said that he wants to extend the Croke Park Agreement on public service pay and reform to 2016 and make an additional €1 billion in savings.

The Minister was speaking ahead of planned meetings with public sector unions next week in a bid to make further savings through measures that would include staff in the public service working longer hours for the same pay.

Other issues likely to be raised by government are increments and whether or not they should be incorporated into core pay and premium pay rates with Howlin suggesting that there be no additional pay for Saturday working.

On Newstalk’s Breakfast programme he said that “Croke Park is delivering, it’s just not enough” but he insisted that the agreement had so far delivered all that it had set out to deliver, saying that the target of €3.5 billion in net savings by 2015 is still on track.

“Since the pay bill is 35 per cent of current expenditure, that’s where we’re looking,” he told the programme saying: “What I envisage is a three year further deal that will deal with all outstanding issues.”
    Howlin wants to extend Croke Park to 2016 and make extra
    Last edited by Neutron; 21st November 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I honestly am not surprised by anything this government does anymore. It really does seem the only thing they will listen to at this point is a violent overthrow.

Have they put in for planning permission?
    I have no money, but I love my life.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post

Why 2016, Just to get you over the next election?
    Yes.

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Howlin - genetically "union" by birth, public sector by choice and leech by profession.

By 2016 he'll be entitled to a nice big pension and will probably step down for health reasons having left a trail of wasted opportunity in his wake.

What a tosser. (I know...I'm repeating myself - apologies.)
    The more things change....

Quote Originally Posted by eirepol View Post
    Yes.
    You think this government will last until 2016?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    You think this government will last until 2016?
    Unfortunately, yes. They will cling on for as long as possible. Shameless. Every day in power adds to their pension pot. Look at Gilmore for example.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They can sign deals, but it's only if the troika decide to keep the Irish public sector the best paid in Europe that such deals can be paid for. The bond markets certainly won't fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by eirepol View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. They will cling on for as long as possible. Shameless. Every day in power adds to their pension pot. Look at Gilmore for example.
    Not a hope of it lasting until 2016.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can anybody confirm if Croke Park was based on assumed 3% growth figures?
    This years planned 1.3% growth projection has been slashed by the government to .07%.
    Others forecast .04% or flat.
    NO WAY near 3%

Last years budget was formulated around a higher growth figure for 2012 than will be actualised.

Next years growth is also slashed.
    We HAVE YET to get a bank debt deal.

We heard so much this year that we were waiting on Spain, Spain was our trump card for a bank deal but Gilmores wife under Croke Park gets a job created especially for her without interview at 117,000 euro per annum. And speaking of the Spanish that is exactly 50% more than the Spanish PM earns.

Rajoy salary 78,000 euro per annum.

Gilmore must get laughed at if he is ever trying to sweet talk europe for a deal. But he the biggest cheerleader for Croke Park.

Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast