Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: British Legion Declining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default British Legion Declining

D-DAY FOR LEGION - Local - Coleraine Times

I must admit that this welcome news came as a bit of a surprise to me. I thought that the loyal citizens of Coleraine would be more supportive however the piece suggests that this is a general decline. Perhaps this is the reason behind the poppy fascism, less support from ordinary people?
    http://ulstersdoomed.blogspot.com/ http://www.requetes.com
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As someone from Southern Ireland living in the North - I wonder what drives a poster to post such utter crap - Bitterness or bigotry?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyisBack View Post
    D-DAY FOR LEGION - Local - Coleraine Times

I must admit that this welcome news came as a bit of a surprise to me. I thought that the loyal citizens of Coleraine would be more supportive however the piece suggests that this is a general decline. Perhaps this is the reason behind the poppy fascism, less support from ordinary people?
    You've made it more than obvious that you are an anti-British, anti-Protestant sectarian bigot who hides behind a pious, holier than thou facade. There really is no need to keep reminding us.

And lots of Irishmen died in both world wars. You should be wearing the poppy as a mark of respect to your fellow countrymen who made the ultimate sacrifice in WWI for Irish independence.

But no, you'd rather just keep on hating the Brits, cos you're a bigot.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Prod View Post
    You've made it more than obvious that you are an anti-British, anti-Protestant sectarian bigot who hides behind a pious, holier than thou facade. There really is no need to keep reminding us.

And lots of Irishmen died in both world wars. You should be wearing the poppy as a mark of respect to your fellow countrymen who made the ultimate sacrifice in WWI for Irish independence.

Get a grip.
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do not hate the Briits - they do not deserve that level of emotion. And I am not respectful of the bunch of murdering scumbag dregs of England who killed here with impunity
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These particular British legion clubs are just drinking places along with the likes of the working men's clubs in the north of England.

I wouldn't get worked up about it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do not hate the Briits - they do not deserve that level of emotion. And I am not respectful of the bunch of murdering scumbag dregs of England who killed here with impunity
    What about the bunch of murdering scumbag dregs of Ireland who butchered and slaughtered British settlers in their droves in 1641, and in every other Irish uprising that followed? Or do you have classic convenient selective memory like every other Irish Republican?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What about the bunch of murdering scumbag dregs of Ireland who butchered and slaughtered British settlers in their droves in 1641, and in every other Irish uprising that followed? Or do you have classic convenient selective memory like every other Irish Republican?
    Surely you mean the brave heroes of 1641 who reclaimed their country from the invaders who slaughtered?

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

RBL crowd are generally older generation and as such have a naturally reducing membership, the more successful one's have projects to involve the younger generation.
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't - Anyway - any comments on the RBL?
    Yes. Do you know what is worse than an organisation set up to help serving members of the British Armed Forces, ex-Service men, women and their families, now and for the rest of their lives? A church which is effectively the largest organised paedophile ring in the world, and whose footsoldiers ie. nuns and priests, have psychologically, emotionally, physically and sexually abused Catholic children throughout the ages, and behind a façade of sanctimonious piousness.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast