Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 241 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband of Savita objects to HSE inquiry members

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Husband of Savita objects to HSE inquiry members

In todays Irish Times. Savita's husband rightly objects to 3 consultants from Galway University Hospital being on the enquiry team..... Husband of Savita objects to HSE inquiry members - The Irish Times - Tue, Nov 20, 2012

It just beggers belief...... Given human nature, and the nature of work colleagues relationships, how almost 50% of a team appointed to objectively assess what happened, can in fact be objective??????? How can they be objective???

The answer from the chairman, that they are needed to inform the committee of standards used/followed at the hospital sounds like utter bunk! A simple deposition from the consultants would easily provide this information.

This committee is supposed to be an 'Independent' review.....

Politics.ie Member Picasso Republic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The London based head of the committee is in favour of representatives from the hospital, this is the person whose reputation will rise or fall on the result of the enquiry (speed, thoroughness, impartiality and accuracy of report), I doubt he would be advocating what he does if he saw a problem.

The death of 'Savita' is a catalyst for change in Ireland, if only for everyone involved in medical care and ethics etc to agree on what the law actually is. The outcome of any legislative change will impact Ireland and its 4-5 million people for a generation and will be there in the background potentially impacting any pregnant woman who encounters medical complications.

This is not the type of medical and ethical issue which should be 'hijacked' in the same way we see tabloid legislation forced through in the UK, it is too big an issue.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is government in Ireland merely a response to insider lobbying? Big mistake here. And our wheedling politicians were condescending about Mauritius. We're leading the world again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have already said this on another thread, with 3 Galway members on the enquiry team it must bring the impartiality of it into question. I think he is right to insist that there is no Galway employees on the team.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Politics.ie Member Picasso Republic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankSpeaks View Post
    I have already said this on another thread, with 3 Galway members on the enquiry team it must bring the impartiality of it into question. I think he is right to insist that there is no Galway employees on the team.
    The Independent (and foreign) head of the committee who is responsible for its impartiality disagrees with you.

Politics.ie Member Silvio Dante's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell you what. Why not make Daly and Bacik a double team in the Dept of Health.

Remember what they say...: "Don't let the foetus defeat us."

Politics.ie Member gracethepirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The Head of the inquiry is, apparently, a Tamil and a very distinguished physician working in London. He was knighted for his work a couple of years ago. I agree with him deciding to have senior staff from Galway Hospital as members of his committee.
    Brexit comes straight from hell. Everywhere it goes it causes disharmony, turbulence and misery. I think Brexiteers themselves must have some form of mental illness.

simeongrimes

It seems odd. I don't know how medical inquires usually go so it could turn out to be standard procedure and if so fine. But as a husband I can understand his concerns and he needs to have an explanation. So do we.

People on all sides appear to agree that the law as it stands should not have been a problem in this case and should not have prevented treatment so the question is did someone interpret the law in the wrong way. If so were they just negligent or were they acting for political/ideological/religious reasons.

That's the question to be answered as I see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Dante View Post
    Tell you what. Why not make Daly and Bacik a double team in the Dept of Health.

Remember what they say...: "Don't let the foetus defeat us."
    What a stupid post, troll!
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankSpeaks View Post
    I think there should be one member of the team from Galway, if only to ensure that there can be no claim of a witch hunt by the enquiry team.
    “Still paying, still to owe. Eternal woe! ” ― Paradise Lost, John Milton

Page 1 of 241 123451151101 ... LastLast