Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat and Patriarchy

Default Meat and Patriarchy

Found this interesting article on the internet today from last year: Feminism and Vegetarianism | Radfem Hub

It makes what I believe to be a valid point about the connection between meat-eating and the Patriarchy we currently live under. The question it asks is the same one I ask here: are our choices in what we eat political ones? Before ye all jump down my throat about this, consider why you don't eat dog? Is that not a political choice based on the value you put on that animal?

Take the cow for example - repeatedly inseminated (ie: raped) to keep her in a constant state of either pregnancy or milk-production, her young taken from her almost immediately, only for the process to repeat itself ad nausium until she is sent for slaughter - how can that not be a feminist issue? How can the decision to be non-vegan reconcile with feminism - it cannot

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well just as well whoever wrote that was not holding a fkn symposium while the sabre tooth tigers and them lads were hanging about the cave.

Intellectual degeneracy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Irishman View Post
    Take the cow for example - repeatedly inseminated (ie: raped) to keep her in a constant state of either pregnancy or milk-production, her young taken from her almost immediately, only for the process to repeat itself ad nausium until she is sent for slaughter - how can that not be a feminist issue?
    Because animals aren't ****ing people....
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Found this interesting article on the internet today from last year: Feminism and Vegetarianism | Radfem Hub

It makes what I believe to be a valid point about the connection between meat-eating and the Patriarchy we currently live under. The question it asks is the same one I ask here: are our choices in what we eat political ones? Before ye all jump down my throat about this, consider why you don't eat dog? Is that not a political choice based on the value you put on that animal?
    no - its just I cant get dog in tescos or Adli - my choices are limited - I have eaten dog in South Korea, Whale in Japan and Cat in China - its cultural not political.

Quote Originally Posted by Alara View Post
    Are you sure yer an Irishman
    I wasn't aware that one needed to be a womyn to recognize the role that patriarchy plays in maintaining the system we live under?

And Tommy - the point here is to have a discussion. Do you propose the Zoo for every thread outside of your own narrow interests?

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take the cow for example - repeatedly inseminated (ie: raped)
    Before you judge lonely bachelor farmers you should walk a mile or two in their shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Because animals aren't ****ing people....
    They may not be human but they are living creatures that we share this planet with. Presumably you are not cruel to your pets? Why is that? Could it be that on some level you recognize that they have the same right to be free of pain as you or me?

Politics.ie Member the_Observer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was a vegetarian for years until I slipped gradually back into meat eating. But linking meat eating to the "patriarchy" is another example of feminist absurdity .

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast