Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: So when WILL Ireland be reunited?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation So when WILL Ireland be reunited?

This is directed at mainly nationalist and republican posters, of which I am a part of... we all know Ireland will be reunited if not in the imediate future but we know it will be even via the European Union it is technically already reunited.

I am not posting a flame thread to bait unionists, I just don't see them as relevant as they cling to the past of protestant majority of which is constantly shrinking.

So without any messing about - when is your guess when Ireland is reunited? and I fully expect unionist posters to post "never" or "100 years"... so please feel free to spam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Catholic majority is shrinking in the Republic, while the Protestant minority is on the up.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by physicist View Post
    The Catholic majority is shrinking in the Republic, while the Protestant minority is on the up.
    Yes but the protestant element in the republic usually support the Repulic as an entity. It is not all about "religion".

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    This is directed at mainly nationalist and republican posters, of which I am a part of... we all know Ireland will be reunited if not in the imediate future but we know it will be even via the European Union it is technically already reunited.

I am not posting a flame thread to bait unionists, I just don't see them as relevant as they cling to the past of protestant majority of which is constantly shrinking.

So without any messing about - when is your guess when Ireland is reunited? and I fully expect unionist posters to post "never" or "100 years"... so please feel free to spam
    You can't claim you want a united Ireland and simultaneously dismiss unionists as irrelevant.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes but the protestant element in the republic usually support the Repulic as an entity. It is not all about "religion".
    Quite a few immigrants behind the rise.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    You can't claim you want a united Ireland and simultaneously dismiss unionists as irrelevant.
    Unionist wants the opposite of what I want, so why should I bow down to their politics? yes they are a force as they are the majority at the moment but that is constantly fading.. at my age I will live to the age where they won't be a force... I just want what is best for my island and its people.. not for the island next door which has a heritage of bullying and invading countless peoples.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the south sold us out yet again by appeasing unionism they have only succeeded in pushing back the inevitable and indeed prolonged the problem of violence instead of alleviating it
    http://ulstersdoomed.blogspot.com/ http://www.requetes.com
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

10 years max.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ireland will be reunited when peace reigns on the P.ie Northern Ireland forum.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The census publication on 11 December will tell alot

Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast