Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 271

Thread: International Day of Protest for Legal Abortion in Ireland

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default International Day of Protest for Legal Abortion in Ireland

    To coincide with protests in Ireland. Paul Murphy, Socialist Party/ULA MEP, has initiated a campaign to organise and international day of protest for legal abortion in Ireland in the aftermath of the tragic death of Savita.

    Paul Murphy stated “The death of Savita Halappananavar is the tragic and unnecessary result of the failure of Irish governments to introduce abortion legislation. The failure to separate Church and state has resulted in the Catholic Church in Ireland having an over-bearing, conservative grip on health and educational policies."

    Protests have already been planned in several UK cities as well as in Belgium, Germany and Sweden. The protests will be held outside Irish embassies in each country.

    20 MEPs have already signed a letter of protest to the Irish government drafted by Paul Murphy and Mikael Gustafsson, Chair of the Women’s Rights and Equality committee of the European Parliament for failing to legislate for abortion rights.

    I applaud the stand that Paul Murphy has taken on the issues resulting from the tragic death of Savita and I call on all of Irelnd's MEPs to sign the letter of protest to the Irish government.

    International Day of Action for Legal Abortion in Ireland Following Tragic, Unnecessary Death of Savita Halappanavar | Paul Murphy MEP
    Separate Church and State

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kildare, but really from Cork
    Posts
    8,084
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Well, if Paul Murphy is involved I'll give it a miss.

    Oh nice to see the socialist using the death of a woman to get a piece of publicity.........

    Fcking vulture.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You go to the abortion clinic with a living baby inside you and when you leave that baby in a cold stainless steel bucket dead, along with the poor little babys future.

    You can use all the excuses you like but these are the facts.

  4. #4
    GDPR Deleted
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    103,633
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by making waves View Post
    To coincide with protests in Ireland. Paul Murphy, Socialist Party/ULA MEP, has initiated a campaign to organise and international day of protest for legal abortion in Ireland in the aftermath of the tragic death of Savita.

    Paul Murphy stated “The death of Savita Halappananavar is the tragic and unnecessary result of the failure of Irish governments to introduce abortion legislation. The failure to separate Church and state has resulted in the Catholic Church in Ireland having an over-bearing, conservative grip on health and educational policies."

    Protests have already been planned in several UK cities as well as in Belgium, Germany and Sweden. The protests will be held outside Irish embassies in each country.

    20 MEPs have already signed a letter of protest to the Irish government drafted by Paul Murphy and Mikael Gustafsson, Chair of the Women’s Rights and Equality committee of the European Parliament for failing to legislate for abortion rights.

    I applaud the stand that Paul Murphy has taken on the issues resulting from the tragic death of Savita and I call on all of Irelnd's MEPs to sign the letter of protest to the Irish government.

    International Day of Action for Legal Abortion in Ireland Following Tragic, Unnecessary Death of Savita Halappanavar | Paul Murphy MEP
    Paul Murphy has no right to make that claim, he doesn't have the necessary information to back it up, but I suppose when did that ever stop the publicity seeking twat from opening his gob before.

    Please send Mr. Murphy around the doors of Dublin west with this, he'll eventually get to my door and then we'll have a conversation he won't forget in a hurry.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,445
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob3367 View Post
    Well, if Paul Murphy is involved I'll give it a miss.

    Oh nice to see the socialist using the death of a woman to get a piece of publicity.........

    Fcking vulture.
    +1

    Video: Abortion investigation: doctor secretly filmed offering to terminate foetus because of its gender - Telegraph

    The abortion industry cares nothing about women.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member seanmoylantd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,970
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Prat.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Posts
    46,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    The title makes reference to "Lega abortion"

    Was that some sort of fruedian slip ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

  8. #8

    Default

    Can't even wait for the medical report before attempting to capitalise politically on the tragic death of a young woman.
    "If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Debater
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Here there and everywhere.
    Posts
    40,585
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by And So I Said View Post
    You go to the abortion clinic with a living baby inside you and when you leave that baby in a cold stainless steel bucket dead, along with the poor little babys future.

    You can use all the excuses you like but these are the facts.
    "Baby"?

    Listen you haven't been through this have you?

    You can use all the hyperbole you wish, but until you understand some basic concepts (including actual definitions of the terms involved) all you are doing is making noise.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    18,580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Of course -

    Let the reactionaries defend this statement in the light of recent events -

    Anti-abortion conference led by Eamon O’Dwyer, professor emeritus of obstetrics and gynaecology at NUI Galway in Dublin in September.

    “As experienced practitioners and researchers in obstetrics and gynaecology, we affirm that direct abortion is not medically necessary to save the life of a woman.

    “We uphold that there is a fundamental difference between abortion and necessary medical treatments that are carried out to save the life of the mother, even if such treatment results in the loss of life of her unborn child.

    “We confirm that the prohibition of abortion does not affect, in any way, the availability of optimal care to pregnant women.”

    I would like him to go to Savita's family and make the same statement now.
    Separate Church and State

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •