Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The DUP's David Simpson's adviser arrested over discovery of a camera in the office bogs.

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The DUP's David Simpson's adviser arrested over discovery of a camera in the office bogs.

Been quite a few days for NI politicians and sex scandals. A camera has been found in David Simpson's office lavatory. His adviser has been arrested in connection with the find.

Mr McConaghie, who is a Free Presbyterian minister and a member of the Caleb Foundation, was questioned on suspicion of voyeurism and later released. He left his position in the DUP man's office after his arrest.

Members of the Caleb Foundation believe that 'the Bible is the inspired, infallible and inerrant word of God. It is final in its authority. None may add thereto or take away therefrom except at their own peril'. It also bizarrely believes scientific evidence points to a much younger age of the universe and to the direct involvement of a 'divine creator', Mr McConaghie had a hand in the Giant's Causeway debacle. Wonder what its stance is regards installing hidden cameras in toilet facilities?

Mr Simpson said Mr McConaghie no longer works for him, “The police are currently investigating issues pertaining to an individual brought to their attention by myself. I no longer employ this individual and he does not hold any office in the party. No further comment will be made on the matter.”

Homeopath David Simpson is deputy master of Loughgall District Loyal Orange Order.

Former Simpson aide is arrested over toilet camera - Local - Banbridge Leader
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another fine example of the religious in society, the ones who would tell the rest of us about morality and, of course, the age of the earth.

Politics.ie Member between the bridges's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It would seem that Simpson reported the guy The police are currently investigating issues pertaining to an individual brought to their attention by myself. and therefore deserves some credit. I am sure there was a temptation to cover it up and avoid the embrassment of association with a suspected perv!

as a side point what form of homeopathic medicine does Simpson practice?
    Nec Aspera Terrent..Is Tuaisceart-Éireannach mé. Má tá meas agat ar mo chultúr, beidh meas agam ar do chultúr.

The vast majority of religious people lead normal lives and live their faith quietly unlike some atheists whom I work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't believe this for coincidence. Yesterday I picked up my 8 year old grandson from school. In Dunnes he decided he needed the toilet. I waited outside as he went into the Gents, naturally. Then he comes out and asks me why there is a camera in the toilet. I marched in there, well, as well as one can march with a crutch, no one was using the place luckily, and there, on the floor, in a cubicle, was a camera, still in its case, and obviously forgotten by someone. It never occured to me it was other than a perv at work. Isn't that awful? I handed the camera in to staff btw.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results: I present, The Irish politcal system: Thank you Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by jdaly View Post
    Another fine example of the religious in society, the ones who would tell the rest of us about morality and, of course, the age of the earth.
    Also it was a religious person who came up with the Big Bang Theory.

'A Day Without Yesterday': Georges Lemaitre & the Big Bang

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fra_south_Derry View Post
    The vast majority of religious people lead normal lives and live their faith quietly unlike some atheists whom I work with.
    Agree totally....So what if there is'nt a god, at the end of the day. Living a christian way of life is'nt the worst thing in the world.
    Atheists should "get over themselves".

Do town and country dwellers have radically different prospects?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gako View Post
    Agree totally....So what if there is'nt a god, at the end of the day. Living a christian way of life is'nt the worst thing in the world.
    Atheists should "get over themselves".
    Christianity didn't have a great effect in a certain Galway hospital recently....
    'Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness'.

Quote Originally Posted by theloner View Post
    Christianity didn't have a great effect in a certain Galway hospital recently....
    So you know what happened?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was the Camera found in a Male or Female cubicle?
    "You think thats bad,theres one lunatic that posts on there 40-50 times a day..He's alone..in bad company!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast