Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This woman deserves an award, no, not that one, a different award.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This woman deserves an award, no, not that one, a different award.

I just read about a health care professional standing up for the law and what's right and refusing to take an award sponsored by SMA who are by the backdoor attempting to advertise to pregnant women by sponsoring the midwife of the year award.

Midwife turns down award - The Irish Times - Fri, Nov 16, 2012

I think she's showing principles and should be commended for her stance, not only that SMA and the awards organisation should be taken to task.

This is topical for myself and the wife as we're awaiting our second child around Xmas and we used cloth nappies and breast feeding as long as we could.

Fair play to Philomena Canning for having a consience and standing up for what is right.
    “atheism is a belief system in the same way that not playing football is a sport.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMag View Post
    I just read about a health care professional standing up for the law and what's right and refusing to take an award sponsored by SMA who are by the backdoor attempting to advertise to pregnant women by sponsoring the midwife of the year award.

Midwife turns down award - The Irish Times - Fri, Nov 16, 2012

I think she's showing principles and should be commended for her stance, not only that SMA and the awards organisation should be taken to task.

This is topical for myself and the wife as we're awaiting our second child around Xmas and we used cloth nappies and breast feeding as long as we could.

Fair play to Philomena Canning for having a consience and standing up for what is right.
    Nice one, Ms Canning, I salute you.

Fair play to Philomena Canning for having a consience and standing up for what she feels" is right.
    Fixed that

Good luck with the new one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Fixed that

Good luck with the new one.

I'll not argue the merits of breast feeding over formula.....you'd not even try right?

The law agrees with her by the way, not that it's always a good yardstick in this country....but none the less.
    “atheism is a belief system in the same way that not playing football is a sport.”

Dylan2010

Fair play to her, while they should be free to peddle their wares it simply isnt as good as breastmilk for a baby and medical staff should not be connected to them in anyway. Midwifes can also be misinformed and it doesnt help if they are reading material produced by these companies.

WHO | Breastfeeding

Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended up to 6 months of age, with continued breastfeeding along with appropriate complementary foods up to two years of age or beyond.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well done Philomena Canning. Standing up against the robber baron pharmaceutical companies.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yet another example of the tackiness (IMO) of everything it seems being sponsored by someone - the whole practice seems to have no bounds.

What's next - a party political broadcast by FG sponsered by AIB ? Would not surprise me actually.

Fair play for her standing up for what she thinks is right - Ireland could do with a lot more of her.

I'll not argue the merits of breast feeding over formula.....you'd not even try right?

The law agrees with her by the way, not that it's always a good yardstick in this country....but none the less.
    My kids, when babies, got milk the way God intended them to get it.

Ultimately it is her opinion and law agreeing with someone is not necessarily the best adage to use.

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lactation is a beautiful thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe Enda could accept this award on the lady's behalf?
    If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it. Julius Caesar

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast