Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review of T.D.'s expenses to be reviewed by the Dail Public Accounts Committee (PAC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Review of T.D.'s expenses to be reviewed by the Dail Public Accounts Committee (PAC).

RADICAL reductions and changes to politicians' expenses are proposed in an internal report being considered by TDs. To save you reading this funny article, I though that I'd share with you the key phrases:

• it recommends
    • is concerned
    • It is the committee's view
    • It says the majority of public sector allowances are core pay
    • An independent review of all political expenses.

Expect to hear the phrase "Constitutional Issues"

Radical cuts to expenses on cards for TDs, senators - National News - Independent.ie
    Dear Lord Baby Jesus, I want to thank you for Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by controller View Post
    RADICAL reductions and changes to politicians' expenses are proposed in an internal report being considered by TDs. To save you reading this funny article, I though that I'd share with you the key phrases:

• it recommends
    • is concerned
    • It is the committee's view
    • It says the majority of public sector allowances are core pay
    • An independent review of all political expenses.

Expect to hear the phrase "Constitutional Issues"

Radical cuts to expenses on cards for TDs, senators - National News - Independent.ie
    Pre budget horseshíte. That shower of bastárds shouldn't be allowed decide anything, let alone anything to do with their own money. They're not fit for purpose....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It says all expenses should be receipted, Independents should be stripped of their €40,000 leader's allowance and extra payments to some deputies, such as whips, should be reduced or scrapped.
    Which part of the above do you find unreasonable?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We keep hearing this reference to allowances and core pay - I wonder whether this is a tactic that in future the argument will be to include the allowances in the calculation of average life time earnings so that the civil servants can further gold plate their pensions?
    “Still paying, still to owe. Eternal woe! ” ― Paradise Lost, John Milton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Which part of the above do you find unreasonable?
    It won't happen, everybody knows that.......except you seemingly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Howya View Post
    We keep hearing this reference to allowances and core pay - I wonder whether this is a tactic that in future the argument will be to include the allowances in the calculation of average life time earnings so that the civil servants can further gold plate their pensions?
    I'd expect an argument along the lines of :

Cutbacks will apply to all new entrants i.e. all new T.D.'s and Senators, as present incumbents have an expectation.

See, as I read that, I can see just how stupid it seems and sounds, because such an idea could never ever happen in real life. Could it??

Bout fooking time. Hopefully it will lead to a reduction in wages,expenses and pensions. The Bullsh1t levels cant be changed, and will ,unfortunately, remain high.
    Somebody grab the script!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by controller View Post
    It won't happen, everybody knows that.......except you seemingly
    I don't know if it will happen (and neither do you) but I'm smart enough to wait until the report is issued and the followup actions announced prior to making judgement.

I don't understand the mentality of someone who's ragging on a committee who have vocalised issues which should concern us all and come up with what seems to be a pretty good set of recommendations. Isn't this what you want? A fully accountable expenses system?If not then what DO you want and what do you think the first step towards that goal would be?

They've done their bit, it's now down to the govt to accept the recommendations and implement them.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I don't know if it will happen (and neither do you) but I'm smart enough to wait until the report is issued and the followup actions announced prior to making judgement.

I don't understand the mentality of someone who's ragging on a committee who have vocalised issues which should concern us all and come up with what seems to be a pretty good set of recommendations. Isn't this what you want? A fully accountable expenses system?If not then what DO you want and what do you think the first step towards that goal would be?

They've done their bit, it's now down to the govt to accept the recommendations and implement them.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose it is a start, but I will believe that they are serious when their suggestions are implemented for current TD's and Senators as well.

And on a completely different topic - is there any reason why Noonan cannot bring in a new tax of 95% on all state/semi state pensions of over €100,000 - apart from lacking the political will to do so.
    I may be in the minority, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast