Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why has Holy Mother Church not commented on the current termination debate ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why has Holy Mother Church not commented on the current termination debate ?

Previously any politician who dared to discuss the need for legislation that even in the most stringent circumstances could lead to a termination would have been pulverised with a Crozier by one of the Grand Wizards of Holy Mother Church or its bishops or Pawns

Why has the Church been oh so quiet on the subject (up to now)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who would speak out? The far right nuts in the church don't trust Archbishop Martin and surely Brady is compromised?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by venusian View Post
    Previously any politician who dared to discuss the need for legislation that even in the most stringent circumstances could lead to a termination would have been pulverised with a Crozier by one of the Grand Wizards of Holy Mother Church or its bishops or Pawns

Why has the Church been oh so quiet on the subject (up to now)

Because they are becoming more and more irrelevant.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They have nothing to do with the treatment decisions made by a particular set of doctors in a particular hospital. Just because a doctor supposedly used the excuse, 'this is a Catholic country', doesn't mean the Catholic Church is responsible for what happened here.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

because holy mother media would pulverise them with a microphone.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Because they are becoming more and more irrelevant.
    I think they are biding their time and will rely on their members in the Status Quo parties FG/FF/"labour" to toe the ahem..party line, use their "guided conscience" and block legislation with a few reminders from the cap wearers

I expect Herr Pope will make a statement on the Irish situation to bolster support at an appropriate time

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Attack them if they do, attack them if they don't.

It's getting to the point with some posters here that they need to be reminded of what the European Convention on Human Rights says about Freedom of Speech...

Johnny Boy

Quote Originally Posted by MariaMcN View Post
    They have nothing to do with the treatment decisions made by a particular set of doctors in a particular hospital. Just because a doctor supposedly used the excuse, 'this is a Catholic country', doesn't mean the Catholic Church is responsible for what happened here.
    Oh Maria, they do........

The brainwashing........................I've barely washed it out. You haven't even started to wash your hair!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
    because holy mother media would pulverise them with a microphone.
    Really? I thought RTE did a fine job of ***not*** broadcasting any real news information (showing how many were there, or any interviews) of the protest outside of the Leinster by those Wimmin hussies

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Oh Maria, they do........

The brainwashing........................I've barely washed it out. You haven't even started to wash your hair!
    You must be older than me. The Catholic Church does not run Ireland or control the collective conscience of the people. They make a useful scapegoat though.

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast