Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 469

Thread: Why has Holy Mother Church not commented on the current termination debate ?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Why has Holy Mother Church not commented on the current termination debate ?

    Previously any politician who dared to discuss the need for legislation that even in the most stringent circumstances could lead to a termination would have been pulverised with a Crozier by one of the Grand Wizards of Holy Mother Church or its bishops or Pawns

    Why has the Church been oh so quiet on the subject (up to now)

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member johnny365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    14,355
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Who would speak out? The far right nuts in the church don't trust Archbishop Martin and surely Brady is compromised?

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member eoghanacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    sitting on my toilet.
    Posts
    33,357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venusian View Post
    Previously any politician who dared to discuss the need for legislation that even in the most stringent circumstances could lead to a termination would have been pulverised with a Crozier by one of the Grand Wizards of Holy Mother Church or its bishops or Pawns

    Why has the Church been oh so quiet on the subject (up to now)

    Because they are becoming more and more irrelevant.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    They have nothing to do with the treatment decisions made by a particular set of doctors in a particular hospital. Just because a doctor supposedly used the excuse, 'this is a Catholic country', doesn't mean the Catholic Church is responsible for what happened here.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    because holy mother media would pulverise them with a microphone.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Because they are becoming more and more irrelevant.
    I think they are biding their time and will rely on their members in the Status Quo parties FG/FF/"labour" to toe the ahem..party line, use their "guided conscience" and block legislation with a few reminders from the cap wearers

    I expect Herr Pope will make a statement on the Irish situation to bolster support at an appropriate time

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    19,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Attack them if they do, attack them if they don't.

    It's getting to the point with some posters here that they need to be reminded of what the European Convention on Human Rights says about Freedom of Speech...

  8. #8
    Johnny Boy
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MariaMcN View Post
    They have nothing to do with the treatment decisions made by a particular set of doctors in a particular hospital. Just because a doctor supposedly used the excuse, 'this is a Catholic country', doesn't mean the Catholic Church is responsible for what happened here.
    Oh Maria, they do........

    The brainwashing........................I've barely washed it out. You haven't even started to wash your hair!

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yorkie View Post
    because holy mother media would pulverise them with a microphone.
    Really? I thought RTE did a fine job of ***not*** broadcasting any real news information (showing how many were there, or any interviews) of the protest outside of the Leinster by those Wimmin hussies

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    9,448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Oh Maria, they do........

    The brainwashing........................I've barely washed it out. You haven't even started to wash your hair!
    You must be older than me. The Catholic Church does not run Ireland or control the collective conscience of the people. They make a useful scapegoat though.

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •