Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TUV councillor accused of child abuse suspended from party

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TUV councillor accused of child abuse suspended from party

Further to the thread I posted on Tuesday ( after reporting restrictions were lifted on the ongoing trial), TUV councillor David Tweed has been suspended from the party. The party is keen to emphasise thatbthisnis standard policy for any member accused of a crown offence.

Mr Teeedy has been accused of abusing 2 young girls over an 8 year period,none of whom testified today that she had kept notes over the period of her abuse.

David Tweed suspended from TUV while on sex charges trial - Headlines - Belfast Newsletter

As of yet, I cannot find the reason why the judge granted/enforced a reporting ban up until this Tuesday but I'd be intrigued to know on what gtounds.
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What relevance is there to the fact that he is a "TUV Councillor"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    What relevance is there to the fact that he is a "TUV Councillor"?
    Now, ain't that then thing?
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As much as I dislike the sectarian bigot he should not have been named until he is found guilty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Levellers View Post
    As much as I dislike the sectarian bigot he should not have been named until he is found guilty.
    Well, the man had no issue with spouting off unfounded nonsense, including blaming Michael Mc Ilveen's catholic upbringing for his death. Google it. The man is disgusting.
    Last edited by eskrimador; 16th November 2012 at 02:42 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If he is found guilty. In cases where the procecution witnesses (i.e. the alleged victims) are not named, the dedendant should not be named. There should be level playing fields.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suggest that your use of the word "until" presumes too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eskrimador View Post
    Well, the man had no issue with spouted off unfounded nonsense, including blaming Michael Mc Ilveen's catholic upbringing for his death. Google it. The man is disgusting.
    Not wishing to be flippant but that lad was murdered because he was a Catholic so Tweed has a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristodemus View Post
    Not wishing to be flippant but that lad was murdered because he was a Catholic so Tweed has a point.
    I said to Google it

"The family of murdered Ballymena teenager Michael McIlveen have expressed concern at comments made by a DUP councillor at a council meeting.

The DUP’s Davy Tweed had said he “questioned the upbringing” of 15-year-old Michael who died last month, a day after an attack in Ballymena which police have said was sectarian.

Mr Tweed also claimed “people associated with the family” had since intimidated Protestants in the town and that Protestant students were scared to go to school and in some cases had been told “they’ll be taken off the school bus and have their throats cut”.

2006 June 08 SAOIRSE32

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eskrimador View Post
    Well, the man had no issue with spouted off unfounded nonsense, including blaming Michael Mc Ilveen's catholic upbringing for his death. Google it. The man is disgusting.
    That's why I used the words 'sectarian bigot'.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast