Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Eurozone in recession as U.K. recovers.

  1. #1

    Default Eurozone in recession as U.K. recovers.

    BBC News - Eurozone falls back into recession

    Make no mistake, the U.K. has a long way to go to make up for the years of Labour mismanagement, but right now they are the shining light in Europe, while the Eurozone continues to drag most of mainland Europe (and Ireland) down. Should we now be looking to ditch the Euro and reestablish the sterling link?
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,595
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ireland is being dragged down by Europe?

    Bloody hell, where to start.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member seabhcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    14,309
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    China's not in recession. Maybe we should ditch the Euro and adopt the Renminbi...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    China's not in recession. Maybe we should ditch the Euro and adopt the Renminbi...
    They will be shortly. Their crash will be spectacular.There are something like 64million properties that remain unsold just for a start.
    ''The tattoo has a profound meaning: the superficiality of modern man’s existence.'' - Theodore Dalrymple

    "Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member PO'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill 16, Croke Park.
    Posts
    12,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    BBC News - Eurozone falls back into recession

    Make no mistake, the U.K. has a long way to go to make up for the years of Labour mismanagement, but right now they are the shining light in Europe, while the Eurozone continues to drag most of mainland Europe (and Ireland) down. Should we now be looking to ditch the Euro and reestablish the sterling link?
    Keith-M living in his unionist bubble as always. The UK is far from been the shining light in Europe matey - " UniCredit has alerted investors in a client note that Britain is at serious risk of a bond market and sterling debacle and faces even more intractable budget woes than Greece "

    Europe's banks brace for UK debt crisis - Telegraph
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rural North County Dublin
    Posts
    3,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PO'Neill View Post
    Keith-M living in his unionist bubble as always. The UK is far from been the shining light in Europe matey - " UniCredit has alerted investors in a client note that Britain is at serious risk of a bond market and sterling debacle and faces even more intractable budget woes than Greece "

    Europe's banks brace for UK debt crisis - Telegraph
    What a clown you really are. That article is two and a half years old. I think you will find that the UK hasnt been half as bad as the EU since then.

    Another example of your cutting edge economic ability.

    From the link:

    Yields on 10-year gilts have already crept up to 4.14pc, compared to 3.94pc for Italian bonds, 3.48pc for French bonds, and 3.19pc for German Bunds, though part of this reflects worries about higher inflation in Britain.
    Please tell us what the figures are today the way we can have a good laugh at your economic illiteracy. Did you miss what has been happening in the last two years in Europe?


  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    BBC News - Eurozone falls back into recession

    Make no mistake, the U.K. has a long way to go to make up for the years of Labour mismanagement, but right now they are the shining light in Europe, while the Eurozone continues to drag most of mainland Europe (and Ireland) down. Should we now be looking to ditch the Euro and reestablish the sterling link?
    Says alot about the state of Europe when we in the UK (we are just keeping our heads above water) are considered the shining light of Europe.

    The EZ better not drag us down into recession again I swear!
    Love me. Cherish me. I'm a unionist.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member Mackers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Did this report come on the same news that stated that unemployment had fallen but more people were signing on? Damn lies and statistics where are you?
    War doesn't work. Give peace a chance.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Rural North County Dublin
    Posts
    3,349
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    BBC News - Eurozone falls back into recession

    Make no mistake, the U.K. has a long way to go to make up for the years of Labour mismanagement, but right now they are the shining light in Europe, while the Eurozone continues to drag most of mainland Europe (and Ireland) down. Should we now be looking to ditch the Euro and reestablish the sterling link?
    They are not the "shinning light in Europe" . Plenty of EU countries are doing better-even some Eurozone ones. The UK is ahead of the likes of Greece,Spain,Italy,Ireland,France.

    Countries like Germany, Belgium ,Denmark,Holland, Luxembourg, are doing much better.

    The UK is far from the mess but its not a shining light. Its somewhere in the middle.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member TheWexfordInn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    12,093
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegregster View Post
    They are not the "shinning light in Europe" . Plenty of EU countries are doing better-even some Eurozone ones. The UK is ahead of the likes of Greece,Spain,Italy,Ireland,France.

    Countries like Germany, Belgium ,Denmark, Holland, Luxembourg, are doing much better.

    The UK is far from the mess but its not a shining light. Its somewhere in the middle.
    Eh? In the Returns report of today's figures Netherlands and Belgium don't look that healthy
    * France, Germany rise 0.2 but Netherlands, Spain, Italy fall

    * Belgium stagnates, Austria also contracts
    They dont mention Denmark in that article but Bloomberg had an article on Denmark 3 days ago
    Denmark’s gross domestic product contracted 0.4 percent in the second quarter from the first, the statistics agency estimates. According to the Confederation of Danish Industry, the nation is probably in the grip of its second recession in less than a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •