Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: clondalkin - Siac gets go ahead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default clondalkin - Siac gets go ahead

An Bord Pleanala has given Siac Construction the go ahead to build 350 apartments up to 8 stories high on the lands of their Head Office Building on the Monastery Road Clondalkin despite strong appeals from locals , councillors and TDs .

In their Judgement An Bord Pleanala described it as "an appropriate development" for the site.

my questions are these .

1) I live in the area and know that any schools and shops are a considerable distance from the site , therefore how could it be described as "appropriate" .

2) who are going to live in these apartments . will it be more Foreign workers .

3) Is the government putting pressure on the Bord to look favourably on large scale property developments in order to get money in the kitty.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrD011 View Post
    An Bord Pleanala has given Siac Construction the go ahead to build 350 apartments up to 8 stories high on the lands of their Head Office Building on the Monastery Road Clondalkin despite strong appeals from locals , councillors and TDs .

In their Judgement An Bord Pleanala described it as "an appropriate development" for the site.

my questions are these .

1) I live in the area and know that any schools and shops are a considerable distance from the site , therefore how could it be described as "appropriate" .

2) who are going to live in these apartments . will it be more Foreign workers .

3) Is the government putting pressure on the Bord to look favourably on large scale property developments in order to get money in the kitty.
    What difference does it make who might be the potential residents of the proposed apartments, are you suggesting that the possibility of foreign working residing in a development should be grounds to refuse planning permission.
    "You want fame? Well, fame costs. And right here is where you start paying........"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We should put the empty houses in Leitrim on a trailer, and move them aornd the country where housing is required.

I have long advocated merging ghost estates from Tullamore, Ballyhaunis and Cobh together to make the Childrens hospital.

No one is listening though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    We should put the empty houses in Leitrim on a trailer, and move them aornd the country where housing is required.

I have long advocated merging ghost estates from Tullamore, Ballyhaunis and Cobh together to make the Childrens hospital.

No one is listening though.
    Nonsense! We should be selling chunks of genuine Irish ghost estate to our diaspora as part of the gathering. We can get employment by having lazy spongers who clearly love being unemployed paint little leprechaun foot prints on the chunks of pyrite tainted masonry.
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limerick Lad View Post
    What difference does it make who might be the potential residents of the proposed apartments, are you suggesting that the possibility of foreign working residing in a development should be grounds to refuse planning permission.
    why allow 350 apartments be built when there is no demand from locals for them ? I dont know many people who have the cash nowadays to buy an apartment to live in , the only conclusion is that they will be built to house foreign workers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why allow 350 apartments be built when there is no demand from locals for them ? I dont know many people who have the cash nowadays to buy an apartment to live in , the only conclusion is that they will be built to house foreign workers
    Who will buy them? You're not suggesting that the foreigners are bringing money into the state and purchasing property and then working here and paying tax whilst buying goods and services. Oh noes!
    Life is hard
    That's why no-one survives

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do the "locals" collectively own that piece of land? If not then its none of their concern whats built there on what is private property. If they have a problem, then they should sue for loss of property value, that is assuming the development has that effect, which it more than likely wont.

Ever hear of a thing called Private property?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    Who will buy them? You're not suggesting that the foreigners are bringing money into the state and purchasing property and then working here and paying tax whilst buying goods and services. Oh noes!
    I wouldnt expect him to understand basic economics, for starters, he clearly doesnt understand the law of supply and demand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pragmaticapproach View Post

Do the "locals" collectively own that piece of land? If not then its none of their concern whats built there on what is private property. If they have a problem, then they should sue for loss of property value, that is assuming the development has that effect, which it more than likely wont.

Ever hear of a thing called Private property?
    That's complete nonsense. If a developer decides to build an incinerator or a slaughterhouse next door to you, in your opinion, you should have no say in whether its built or not. If he decides to build an 8 storie apt. Block that puts your house in darkness you should not object because its private property. What planet are you living on?

Caught between the moon and New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...you've started dreaming of a 'white' Christmas a little early this year....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast