Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitch: Ireland outlook upgraded from negative to stable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Fitch: Ireland outlook upgraded from negative to stable

An update from the rating agencies in the eurozone. This time it's not a downgrade of any EZ country but Ireland's negative outlook raised to stable.

David Murphy ‏@davidmurphyRTE
    Ratings agency Fitch moves outlook on Ireland from negative to stable. Good news ahead of treasury bill auction by NTMA tomorrow
    Twitter / davidmurphyRTE: Ratings agency Fitch moves ...

Owen Callan ‏@OwenCallan
    Ireland upgrade in outlook (from neg to stable) by FITCH is first on periphery since crisis started i think?
    https://twitter.com/OwenCallan/statu...66496501678082

Fitch revises Ireland's outlook to stable from negative, affirms BBB+
    Fitch revises Ireland's outlook to stable from negative, affirms BBB+

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to believe that Ireland is stable, but I suspect ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well done Ireland. I am sure that the usual 'suspects' will disparage this progress.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What great news and may I be the first to congradulate the Irish people and the Irish Government who have had the resolve, patience and courage to confront their problems head on and face them maturely. As has been documented globally we are a nation to be held up accross the globe as to how to deal with fiscal problems. With our banks going back to the markets yesterday and this now - we continue to make small steps out of the problems brought on by greedy bankers, people with no regard for debt and a corrupt FF government

Well done Mr Kenny & Mr Gilmore in the face of so much adversity your leadership has never waned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cogar View Post
    Well done Ireland. I am sure that the usual 'suspects' will disparage this progress.
    Anything that helps Ireland borrow at a lower rate eventually is very welcome. However I highly doubt Ireland is stable, I don't think it (or the ratings agencies, which themselves have an awful track record and should really be ignored) truly understands the precariousness of its position or the unfeasability of paying off its debt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    What great news and may I be the first to congradulate the Irish people and the Irish Government who have had the resolve, patience and courage to confront their problems head on and face them maturely. As has been documented globally we are a nation to be held up accross the globe as to how to deal with fiscal problems.

Well done Mr Kenny & Mr Gilmore in the face of so much adversity your leadership has never waned.
    Why aren't you profusely thanking the late Brian Lenihan seeing as it is essentially his process Fine Gael are following?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What outlook did Fitch give us in 2008?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fitch throw a huge spanner in the works although.
    Ian Guider ‏@ianguider
    Fitch says does not expect Ireland to get a deal on reducing cost of legacy bank debt.
    https://twitter.com/ianguider/status/268774726946660352

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

borderbadger: It means much more than 'diddly squat'. It means that we can return to the markets and regain our economic sovereignty. Would you not welcome that?

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    Fitch throw a huge spanner in the works although.

https://twitter.com/ianguider/status/268774726946660352
    Are the markets now preparing to accept a eurozone minus Greece ??

That seems to be the implication here,

Furthermore, Fitch assumes there will be progress in deepening fiscal and financial integration at the eurozone level in line with commitments by euro area policy makers. It also assumes that the risk of fragmentation of the eurozone remains low and is not incorporated into Fitch's current rating of Ireland, although Fitch's 'CCC' rating of Greece reflects a material risk of a Greek exit from the eurozone over the next few years.

TEXT-Fitch revises Ireland's outlook to stable from negative | Reuters
    Best regards, Pat.Twitter-energy economy news _ _ Each to their ability, together we progress.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast