Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EUROPE - Day of Action against Austerity (except Ireland)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default EUROPE - Day of Action against Austerity (except Ireland)

This could quite as easily be put into humour. An all Europe 23 country 'Day of Action' against austerity and the main player in Europe, yes us bang in the centre of Euroland, and holding the future of the euro in our filthy greasy me fein paw.....is doing nothing. Well the ULA are meeting at the central bank and The Irish Congress of Trade Unions are doing it for themselves, they will hold their own demonstration on 24 November.

Maybe if the price of drink goes up we will wake up from our stupor. Austerity...what austerity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the center of Euroland?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

have u seen the rain? alright in Greece or Spain where u don't need jackets and raincoat's

best these things left to summer months

Politics.ie Member Crazy horse 6's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And people wonder why we are a european wide laughing stock. The fighting Irish indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daveL View Post
    the center of Euroland?
    Yes it has been stated by some minister or other in the past....ol' plaver of course.

Oh that's right, sure it was ALL over the meedja over here.....

Or was that Kenny getting an 'Austerity Kingpin' award?!
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy horse 6 View Post
    And people wonder why we are a european wide laughing stock. The fighting Irish indeed.
    The elite of this country which includes our Politicians have convinced the ordinary citizens that demonstrating is somehow akin to a crime and not something that right thinking people should take part in. So much for their idea of what a democracy is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well we let them tell us that every time and we obviously agree with them every time...whose turn is it next?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is disgraceful that we are not taking to the streets today in solidarity with an EU protest. However when i started a thread ont he March on the 24th November all i got was people saying they would not go on because it was the unions organising it. And that was without it being a strike where they would lose pay. unfortunately the people of this country have become spineless, they blame the unions so therefore the unions can't organise anything. People need to take a long look at themselves first, they accepted everything they got through their unions and government in the good times. very few people put up their hands against what was agreed on wage increases and tax reductions. I believe the unions got too cosy up at ntional level but I would still support a march or strike organised by them.

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ULA are having a get together at the Central Bank plaza at lunchtime if you're interested...

Austerity isn't the problem though... which is why these protests are misdirected imo...

It's the unfair implementation of austerity that's the problem with vested interests and 'establishments' everywhere being sheltered from it...

And of course the foisting of private banking debts onto EU citizens is an obscenity as well...

It'd be good if some clarity was brought to these protests... because currently they're all a bit fuzzy...

Countries can't keep borrowing more than they earn... and even without the bank debts that have been foisted on us, Ireland and others would still require austerity to close current budget deficits...

What is needed are protests against the unfair implementation of austerity and against the foisting of private banking debts on EU citizens...

Protesting 'against austerity' is meaningless because austerity is actually required...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast