Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reaction to Kenny's refusal to reverse home help cuts

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Reaction to Kenny's refusal to reverse home help cuts

What would people consider a suitable reaction to the blank refusal by our illustrious Taoiseach to reverse the cuts made to "home-helps" who provide an essential service to the poorest and most helpless of our citizens?

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Insurrection.

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black George View Post
    What would people consider a suitable reaction to the blank refusal by our illustrious Taoiseach to reverse the cuts made to "home-helps" who provide an essential service to the poorest and most helpless of our citizens?
    Get enough people on the streets and he'll turn quicker than milk in the sun and be just as pretty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be suitable for their wealthier tax-sheltered cohorts to pop round on free transport to offer a little home help themselves. Few will, most of those in need will have to fall back on families who can barely cope, if they even have that.
    _________________________________________ __________________________
    Mississippi River Blues ~ Big Bill Broonzy (1934) / Crow Jane ~ Carl Martin (1935)

Politics.ie Member southwestkerry's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    Get enough people on the streets and he'll turn quicker than milk in the sun and be just as pretty.
    Agreed 100%. Sadly most folk are too busy thinking off the next credit Union repayment. Those who depend on 'home help' do not have the numbers to trouble any TD's.
    A ship at harbour is safe but that is not what ships were built for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bad form for the European of the year, you would have to wonder what the criteria for such an award is. Maybe its to enrich bankers and impoverish disabled people, that seems to be Kennys policy?

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sometimes with politicians and I do mean of all parties,. you can only sit back and ask, what the F**k do they think they're at?

Whatever money is involved, I can guarantee you in 5 minutes I could come up with an equivalent saving/revenue that wouldn't hurt a vulnerable group and I know f**k all about it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The poor always have to pay

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    Bad form for the European of the year, you would have to wonder what the criteria for such an award is. Maybe its to enrich bankers and impoverish disabled people, that seems to be Kennys policy?
    hmmm... I wrote about this when the award was first announced.. so yeah... I think that must be the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyBoogaloo View Post
    So, good Europeans inflict suffering on innocent people (and children) in defence of a currency and banks?

What a load of me bollix. Cue the calls of begrudger, doomer, shinnerbot etc etc etc. It is nothing but an empty gesture.. and to a man of 35 years of nothingness in an attempt to pacify an island people on the periphery of the continent with nonsensical talk about us being good europeans and at the heart of europe.

In other words. A load of utter tripe which amounts to a pat on the head. ... ..but it will give the hacks another excuse to hack for a week.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Missing link?
    Heaven and Earth Meet in the Human Heart!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast