Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalists do their thing in North Belfast again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Loyalists do their thing in North Belfast again.

It is claimed the band played a sectarian song within the restriction zone imposed by the Parades Commission. Frank Dempsey chair of Carrick Hill Concerned Residents' Group said he was "deeply, deeply concerned"."This was supposed to be a Remembrance Day service with sacred hymns being played and what did we have? A determination again smashed.

"We had the Famine song being played going past Carrick Hill, we had supporters following the bands," he said
    Apprentice Boys march past city church - UTV Live News

Sinn Féin MLA Carál Ní Chuilín has condemned the breaching of the Parades Commission determination.

The North Belfast MLA said: “The Apprentice Boys, Parades Commission, PSNI and unionist politicians need to come out clearly and condemn this blatantly sectarian and provocative action by the Dunmurry Protestant Boys band who played the sectarian Famine Song during the march. They also need to take action against the band.

“Residents entered into discussions with the Apprentice Boys prior to the march in good faith. But the Apprentice Boys cannot think that they will enter into these discussions just to get a favourable determination by the Parades Commission.

According to Jim Mc Dowell in today's Sunday World, The Apprentice boys have apologised to local residents and banned Dunmurry Protestant Boys from future parades.

These bigots just can't help themselves.
    North Belfast MLA Nelson McCausland hasn't said anything.

Politics.ie Member death or glory's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"There was some talk of things further up the road but I think it was specifically noted that going past the church there seemed to have been an instruction given for a single drum beat.

"I think that has to be interpreted as a positive gesture, and also the number of people on the demonstration is also a gesture, and I think those gestures have been brought about by dialogue between the Apprentice Boys and the residents," added Fr Sheehan.

I believe you were less worried about the bombs being stored in Dunloy chapel grounds, which to any reasonable pperson woulld be a lot more worrying.
    try reading the Article.
    What about no restrictions being placed on republican parade going past Prod church in Dungiven. It shows double standards by Republicans and the parades comission.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There has to be an element of realism involved here. These bands are repositories for deeply sectarian underachievers. However, in a free society, that, in and of itself is not a crime.

I don't think the Orange Order or their bands should be marching through a Catholic community anywhere, however as I understand it, this is one church along a route where there aren't any Catholic residences per se. As such, it's best to let them crack on. There's evidently no way these individuals can restrain themselves for engaging in sectarian thuggery (despite the appeals of their leaders, and their churches - if they do go to Church, which I doubt), so instead of filming and complaining about it each time it happens (for we're starting to lose count at this stage), I'd suggest simply ignoring it - unless of course there's a physical attack on people or property.

The Loyal Order bands are not getting down the Garvaghy Road again and they'll soon be banned from Ardoyne. What they do in their own communities is their business, even if there's a Catholic Church or two along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    "There was some talk of things further up the road but I think it was specifically noted that going past the church there seemed to have been an instruction given for a single drum beat.

"I think that has to be interpreted as a positive gesture, and also the number of people on the demonstration is also a gesture, and I think those gestures have been brought about by dialogue between the Apprentice Boys and the residents," added Fr Sheehan.

I believe you were less worried about the bombs being stored in Dunloy chapel grounds, which to any reasonable pperson woulld be a lot more worrying.
    try reading the Article.
    What about no restrictions being placed on republican parade going past Prod church in Dungiven. It shows double standards by Republicans and the parades comission.
    Do you support the Dunmurry Loyalists doing what they did?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What did the Dunmuurry loyalists do. An independant link would be required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apart from yuour bitter discription, I 'm glad you agree with the sense of realism that I hope your republican friend will come to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    There has to be an element of realism involved here. These bands are repositories for deeply sectarian underachievers. However, in a free society, that, in and of itself is not a crime.

I don't think the Orange Order or their bands should be marching through a Catholic community anywhere, however as I understand it, this is one church along a route where there aren't any Catholic residences per se. As such, it's best to let them crack on. There's evidently no way these individuals can restrain themselves for engaging in sectarian thuggery (despite the appeals of their leaders, and their churches - if they do go to Church, which I doubt), so instead of filming and complaining about it each time it happens (for we're starting to lose count at this stage), I'd suggest simply ignoring it - unless of course there's a physical attack on people or property.

The Loyal Order bands are not getting down the Garvaghy Road again and they'll soon be banned from Ardoyne. What they do in their own communities is their business, even if there's a Catholic Church or two along the way.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The lumpen-proletariat on the move.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So what has 'the Famine Song' got to do with remembering the war dead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    What did the Dunmuurry loyalists do. An independant link would be required.
    Played the Famine song to wind up Carrick Hill residents.
    The Sunday world are reporting that assembly speaker Willie Hay has said "an apology has been issued over the antics of the now banned band."

Wear your sectarianism with pride.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=death or glory;6009619

What about no restrictions being placed on republican parade going past Prod church in Dungiven. It shows double standards by Republicans and the parades comission.[/QUOTE]

How many Prods are living in Dungiven? Compare like with like. And please leave it to Catholics to decide what annoys us and what does not annoy us.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast