Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Olivia O'Leary / Sindo on Saturday Night Show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Olivia O'Leary / Sindo on Saturday Night Show

I know I shouldn't be bothering with a show presented by the repugnant Brendan O'Connor but, as usual, there was little else on.

Olivia O'Leary made a comment about Enda Kenny "sometimes you'd wonder if there's anything going on inside his head". I've always liked Olivia O'Leary and so feel quite let down that she should make such a grubby remark. I didn't think it was her style to seek a cheap laugh from a semi inebriated audience of a risible attempt at a chat show.

The same panel discussion had Shane Ross and Nick Webb fawning up to Brendan, their boss, and, of course, promoting their new book. Naturally, Brendan didn't remind Ross of his previous desire to have Seanie Fitz appointed Governor of the Central Bank. An institutions man passing for a rebel - give me a break.

Standards at RTE are questionable enough but go through the floor when they team up with the Sindo.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair point, well made. It needed to be said. A complete lack of balance from the Sindo hack and his panel. Extraordinary that O'Leary should mention Kenny and Cowen in the same soundbite and speak as she did about Kenny. Incredible, bizzare, unbelieveable stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Olivia is quite correct. The man is a joke Taoiseach. He's the equivalent of a punch drunk boxer, reeling around the place not knowing what he is supposed to be doing! The flower pot incident comes to mind!

He has spent far too long on the Gravy Train and is confused. The latest debacle is that stupid referendum lark with the AG's flawed input being shown up in the Supreme Court.

We can now look forward to the budget for the next round from punch drunk which will have us reeling this time!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Olivia would seem to have her finger on the pulse on this occasion. Touché
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jjust wondering. How much is Ms. O'Leary paid for 10 minutes of opinionating once a week on the radio ?

Assuming that she still does that. Is it even available for the public record ?
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

simeongrimes

I wonder would we do better with a directly elected Taoiseach. The party system has produced Ahern, Cowen and Kenny. Direct elections have produced Robinson, McAleese and Higgins.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you must be a fgaeler enda is a plank & olivia is dead right so obviously you agree whats happening looking after the bankers so they can protect their own high wage and pensions so that the home help and the likes be cut to support this system its not a grubby remark its about time the thick paddy stands up and says no

Quote Originally Posted by Bren Boru View Post
    I know I shouldn't be bothering with a show presented by the repugnant Brendan O'Connor but, as usual, there was little else on.

Olivia O'Leary made a comment about Enda Kenny "sometimes you'd wonder if there's anything going on inside his head". I've always liked Olivia O'Leary and so feel quite let down that she should make such a grubby remark. I didn't think it was her style to seek a cheap laugh from a semi inebriated audience of a risible attempt at a chat show.

The same panel discussion had Shane Ross and Nick Webb fawning up to Brendan, their boss, and, of course, promoting their new book. Naturally, Brendan didn't remind Ross of his previous desire to have Seanie Fitz appointed Governor of the Central Bank. An institutions man passing for a rebel - give me a break.

Standards at RTE are questionable enough but go through the floor when they team up with the Sindo.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simeongrimes View Post
    I wonder would we do better with a directly elected Taoiseach. The party system has produced Ahern, Cowen and Kenny. Direct elections have produced Robinson, McAleese and Higgins.
    More worringly, nearly elected the FF bagman! Thanks to the plank we were saved.

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    More worringly, nearly elected the FF bagman! Thanks to the plank we were saved.
    Actually, plank was desperate, and would have botched it on his own.

Really, it is a case of thanks to a convicted fuel smuggler, who let SF know about a 5 grand photo with BIFFO.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Agree with the OP. If I was Enda I would sue her. He might not have that type of money but I do and if she said that about me in public i'd be on to one of my solicitors. You can not speak about others in public without thinking first.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast