Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dolores Kelly calls for SDLP to go into opposition.

Johnny Boy

Default Dolores Kelly calls for SDLP to go into opposition.

BBC News - Dolores Kelly says SDLP 'should think about opposition'

As a (mostly) SDLP voter I'm surprised that this has been so long coming.
    We have the worst of both worlds at the moment.
    DUP lunatics govern us on the one hand, & over the past few years have made us an international laughing stock (Wilson, the climate change denier as Environment Minister, and then Culture Minister McCausland (I think it was him rather than Big Ears?) calling for an alternative DUP-clown history of the Giant's Causeway, to ingratiate the religious fanatics who support them.
    Then we have the fraudulent Shinners who have reneged on every promise they ever made. Allegedly the latter crowd all only earn the average industrial wage. They're not even worth half of it.
    To the SDLP I say: get working! Show these conmen up for what they are. Go into oppostion. It will take time but it is the only way to recover the high ground within nationalism.
    It is time to put the shinner w4nkers in their place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems to me to be an admission of failure and a commitment to defeat in the future.
    http://ulstersdoomed.blogspot.com/ http://www.requetes.com
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who else would back them though? I can only really think of the TUV. While providing opposition they won't have enough to really make any substantial challenge to DUP/SF. Not sure the UUP could even challenge anything either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they will be as relevant and effective as the party they replaced - ironic that isn't it
    http://ulstersdoomed.blogspot.com/ http://www.requetes.com
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

Castle Ray

McDonnell has ruled it out saying it would take the SDLP "into oblivion". A DUP/SF patsy is his preference for his party.

Johnny Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Castle Ray View Post
    McDonnell has ruled it out saying it would take the SDLP "into oblivion". A DUP/SF patsy is his preference for his party.
    McDonnell is an arrogant pr1ck who gratuitously turns people off, and he's a temporary leader. I'll not be voting SDLP while he leads them.
    If the SDLP is to survive he needs to be the first 'baggage' dumped overboard to keep the ship afloat.

Castle Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    McDonnell is an arrogant pr1ck who gratuitously turns people off, and he's a temporary leader. I'll not be voting SDLP while he leads them.
    If the SDLP is to survive he needs to be the first 'baggage' dumped overboard to keep the ship afloat.
    Alex Attwood stood on an opposition ticket for the leadership and was defeated. McCallister of the UUP stood on an opposition ticket for the leadership and was defeated. Alliance have demonstrated they'll do anything to keep their ministerial seats. Those three parties are just a patsy of the DUP/SF. It's an appalling system made worse by parties with no guts. In my opinion the government should fund an opposition as SF will veto any end to the current set up of power sharing as they fear any attempts to change this is aimed at excluding them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyisBack View Post
    Seems to me to be an admission of failure and a commitment to defeat in the future.

Final nail in the coffin and the end of the line for Stoops in politics IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Provos will soon be taking over all of Stormont, so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jack View Post
    The Provos will soon be taking over all of Stormont, so I wouldn’t worry too much.
    Even more Provos helping administer British rule? Lovely.

Hey Jack...I've notice you're posts have 'mellowed' somewhat recently. Not so much 'rabid support at all costs' for Irish Republican terrorists....and even a little humanity from you in the 'Enniskillen' thread.

It didn't go unnoticed. I knew you had it in you.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast