Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its the Law , and it isn't properly enforced ?

Default Its the Law , and it isn't properly enforced ?

Lets name and shame all the failings of enforcement. Laws that exist in name only.
    For openers :
    - Anti-begging legislation is openly flouted at a parking coin machine near you ( or even near your Garda Station )
    - Jaywalking legislation
    - Fireworks
    - Downloading of Audio/Video, filesharing
    so,
    any more laws which are openly ignored ?
    Loophole means jaywalkers escape prosecution - National News - Independent.ie
    How about gender-balance in immigration into ireland ? Is it currently 40 blokes arriving for every 1 woman arriving on these shores ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

parking in the country - "feck it I'll throw the car up here and run in for 2 mins"

I would love to be in charge of parking in Ireland - People with disabled badges should be monitored better - In the north if you even heard a bomb go off - you could have got a blue badge. Outside my work continually I see young people pull up on double yellow, go in shopping and throw the disabled badge up.

In my home home of Kinnegad there is a supervalue - with about 100 car parking spaces - But instead of using them they all decide to just pull up at front door, double and sometimes treble park - feck could they be bothered parking in the allocated parking slot and walking the 30secs into the entrance
    Last edited by Iarmhi Gael; 10th November 2012 at 10:19 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the feeling most laws in Ireland are flouted and ignored .

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Corruption laws, Fraud laws, Standards in Office laws, Perjury laws.

But then they're not as bad, because the people who do them work in big offices.....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post

But then they're not as bad, because the people who do them work in big offices.....
    Now those are the laws I'd like to see properly enforced. Who cares about jaywalking? Well, ok people should take care on the roads but common sense should be sufficient to stop people walking out in from of vehicles, shouldn't it?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Electoral law is regularly flouted by the Govt. so there us not much example being shown.

D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Of Newgrange View Post
    Lets name and shame all the failings of enforcement. Laws that exist in name only.
    For openers :
    - Anti-begging legislation is openly flouted at a parking coin machine near you ( or even near your Garda Station )
    - Jaywalking legislation
    - Fireworks
    - Downloading of Audio/Video, filesharing
    so,
    any more laws which are openly ignored ?
    Loophole means jaywalkers escape prosecution - National News - Independent.ie
    Adherence to the law is a two way street. Some cultures don't do adherence to regulation.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ireland is a societyb which has very little sense of civic responsibility, breaking the law is part of our culture. Sad but true.
    "War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures."-Ron Paul

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post

Of course, you couldn't be bothering decent, respectable people.
    "Only by applying the most rigorous standards do we pay writing in Irish the supreme compliment of taking it seriously." - Breandán Ó Doibhlín.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast