Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Think about the next box of cigarettes you buy... watch this

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Think about the next box of cigarettes you buy... watch this

If your struggling/putting off quitting, watch this 25 min Unreported World peice

I was back on em... it's disgusting how much money i have given this "industry"

Indonesia have no minimum age to buy tobacco, every global tobacco giant have piled in to cash in in kids as young as 7 smoking

"Indonesia is in the grip of a smoking epidemic with the proportion of child smokers rising dramatically. And Unreported World reveals how young children are risking their health further by harvesting and processing tobacco bought by one of the UK's biggest cigarette companies." (Quote)

"The firms agree that they target young adults, but the slick, exciting ads seduce children, too." (Quote)

Unreported World - 4oD - Channel 4

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kellboy View Post
    If your struggling/putting off quitting, watch this 25 min Unreported World peice

I was back on em... it's disgusting how much money i have given this "industry"

Indonesia have no minimum age to buy tobacco, every global tobacco giant have piled in to cash in in kids as young as 7 smoking

"Indonesia is in the grip of a smoking epidemic with the proportion of child smokers rising dramatically. And Unreported World reveals how young children are risking their health further by harvesting and processing tobacco bought by one of the UK's biggest cigarette companies." (Quote)

"The firms agree that they target young adults, but the slick, exciting ads seduce children, too." (Quote)

Unreported World - 4oD - Channel 4
    Surprised to hear that a UK Co. is involved in this.

I made similar observations in China some years ago but all cigs were US brand IIRC, cheap as chips and completely different from the same brand sold elsewhere - after 2 days I was having nosebleeds and severe headaches, these things were lethal in a whole new way. I have notes from that investigation; I should dig them out and refresh my memory.

Interestingly this also ties in with an observation my son made recently about proliferation of Indonesian children in a country he visits from time to time.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Mayhem View Post
    Surprised to hear that a UK Co. is involved in this.

I made similar observations in China some years ago but all cigs were US brand IIRC, cheap as chips and completely different from the same brand sold elsewhere - after 2 days I was having nosebleeds and severe headaches, these things were lethal in a whole new way. I have notes from that investigation; I should dig them out and refresh my memory.

Interestingly this also ties in with an observation my son made recently about proliferation of Indonesian children in a country he visits from time to time.

The UK firm actually host a tobacco convention for other companies to buy equipment at, all the international companies have bought local tobacco and aggressively marketed kids (contained tar/nicotine levels 20times higher) to make up for falling profits in the rest of the world due to smoking bans