Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leo Varadkar -Why it wouldn't be in our interest to cut high pay/pension of bankers

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Leo Varadkar -Why it wouldn't be in our interest to cut high pay/pension of bankers

Leo on morning Ireland this morning

We will tackle high pay and pensions to the "extent" that they can

His reasoning for not cutting high pay and pensions were that

"If the high pay and pension are cut then we will receive less tax and revenues"

"We aren't paying them directly it runs in the same way as semi states like the ESB etc

I ask why then did they bother looking for semi states to take cuts in pay

Its on podcast of you download around 20 minutes

Dylan2010

Amazing if he said that. Can they cut me a cheque for a million, i'll spend in Ireland honest! , its like the nonsense the union "economists" come out with. Another case of Cargo Cult mentality taking over Ireland.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Afraid his own pay or pension might be cut. Any rules that might be changed to penalise or rein in failed bankers could easily be applied to the failed political class of which he is a member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-ga...-clueless.html

http://www.politics.ie/forum/fine-ga...dkar-have.html

well flagged on pie before. Leo is not the sharpest tool in the box, in fact he is probably thicker than the average FG voter and that is thick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is one Leo thread not enough for you?

I like Leo because he speaks his own mind, even if I don't always like what comes out of it. But he seems to be missing the point in the controversy over outlandish pay and pensions, and that point is fairness. A sense of fairness in a time of recession is important. Who's willing to endure more cutbacks, tax hikes and extra levies while the boys and girls sitting at the top (you know, the ones who dumped all this sh!t on us) are sitting pretty with large six-figure pensions?

So it's more than just your tax take, Leo, though that's important too. It's making sure that the anger is defused before something bad happens.

Your twitterings don't help.
    Abortion is an act of violence. Violence demeans humanity, particularly violence against women and children.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There goes Loes chance of ever leading FG . We are so luck these dublin guys did not get their way and remove Kenny. HUP MAYO

Time Leo crawled back into his cuvert
    i owe my allegiance only to the working class

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

We should be paying more to the heads of the banks really. They are under paid compared to their peers in Europe. If we want to attract the best from at home and abroad I think their pay should be increased.

No doubt the begrudgers will object.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you just got the 2 lines which were taken out of the 7 min interview? Looks to me, who listened to the interview, that have taken 2 lines out of context.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    Have you just got the 2 lines which were taken out of the 7 min interview? Looks to me, who listened to the interview, that have taken 2 lines out of context.
    Really did you listen to it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast