Today has been a good day for the gay community too
01) First and foremost President Obama was reelected has been a good friend to the gay community
02) Maine today became the first state to approve the freedom to marry for same-sex couples through a majority vote on a ballot measure. Maine is expected to begin issuing marriage licenses in mid-December
03) Maryland Voters approved Question 6, the Civil Marriage Protection Act, paving the way for gay and lesbian couples to receive a marriage license beginning in January.
04) Minnesota Gay Marriage Ban was rejected by the voters
05) Although not official yet it looks like Washington State will approve Referendum Measure No. 74 which will legalese same-sex marriage
06) Iowa's Justice Wiggins WINS Retention, The anti gay forces were trying to get him kicked from the bench because he voted in favor of same sex marriage in a ruling, they already had 3 of his fellow judges removed because of the same ruling!!!
07) Troy, Michigan Mayor Janice Daniels, who says that gay people are "mentally disordered," has been recalled by voters. Daniels told the press that her anti-gay attitude actually made people want to move to Troy. Looks like somebody else will be moving instead.
08) Former Hawaii Gov. Linda Lingle, who once compared same-sex marriage to incest and who cruelly called in LGBT advocates only so she could veto a civil unions bill in their presence, has LOST her bid for the U.S. Senate. Welcome, Sen. Mazie Hirono, who DOES support your full civil equality.
09) Openly gay Rep. Jared Polis has won a third term in the U.S. House.
10) Openly gay former Clinton White House staffer Sean Patrick Maloney has won his U.S. House bid against first-term teabagger Rep. Nan Hayworth.
11) Tammy Baldwin, has been elected as Americas FIRST out U.S. Senator.
Feel free to add any more good news you see here!!!