Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Speeding Fine

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Speeding Fine

I have put this in environment because I think its under the Dept of the Environment remit. If wrong, please move to the appropriate forum.

I received my first ever speeding fine and penalty points this month. Its fine, I knew I was over the legal limit and will take my punishment. I find it curious however that my fine was for travelling at 120km/h on a motorway. It was the M1, at Santry.

It brings me to one of my (many) bugbears and others too, on the speed limits in this country. Why is the speed limit on any motorway or part thereof, of 80km/h????? Its completely barmy, nuts and a few expletives for good measure.

They widened the M50 and made it a proper motorway only to downgrade it by putting in a 100km/h speed limit. The M1, some sections have 80km/h speed limit.

Jaysus wept, no wonder the Europeans are screwing us wghen they see what we have done with their structural (and other) funds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Why are you blaming Europe for your speeding, which laws dictate to save lives?
    Boycott the "Irish" Sun rag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What was the fine ?

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Don't give us that old chestnut. Pre upgrade the M50 had only two lanes, was heavily congested due to the toll booths yet had a limit of 120KMH. Post upgrade it has four lanes for much of it's run yet those four lane areas have a limit of 100KMH as do the three lane areas. Total bloody madness and all to do with revenue gathering.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nannyisms to disadvantage the majority with the excuse of some imaginary minority that - what? - cannot drive safely on a 3 lane motorway at 120? - shouldnt have a licence then should they..
    A nation that keeps one eye on the past is wise. A nation that keeps two eyes on the past is blind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's because it's a busy part of the motorway, with junctions for the airport/santry/M50/Clarehall within a reasonably short distance.

I got done for doing 60 in a 50 in Bluebell last year. The 50k limit is only for a few hundred meters of the road!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

100kph on the entirety of the M50?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey - the fuzz need to have an Xmas Party too..

Bubbly dont come cheap. The vans and radar boys have been out in force this last 3 weeks. Shooting fish in a barrell.. Anything else might require some effort.
    Originally Posted by The Red Rose of Cork
    I dont care about "the majority of people"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Read the OP again. I'm blaming Europe for nothing. Quite the opposite actually.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast