Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Worst media moments of the Us election?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Worst media moments of the Us election?

We've got an excellent thread tracking what's worked well in the coverage of the US election, but it's worth celebrating some of the utter rubbish some pundits have come out with. And the best is yet to come as gleeful anchors have invited many of these pundits back onto air tonight to talk about their predictions.

My favourite moment is the Dick Morris appearance on O'Reilly (whose contempt for the blow-hard is palpable) where he predicts, with scientific certainty, that Romney will win by 100 votes. A "landslide". Dick appears TONIGHT! on O'reilly which should be hilarious:

Yes, a lot of this will focus on Fox...

Rove cracking on Fox is another highlight. After pretty much every network called Ohio (And the election) for Obama, Rove insists it's still open based on information he's gotten. From Romney's camp...

Last edited by Sync; 7th November 2012 at 09:40 AM.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was over in the US a few months back and I thought the worst this was the negative advertising for the candidates which went something like this:

Obama is an a$$hole and then ends with "this message is approved by Mitt Romney."

or

Romney is an a$$hole and again it ends with "this message was approved by President Obama."
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dick Morris is such a contemptible tub of lard, watching him fall on his flabby ass has to be one of the real pleasures of this election.

I watched the Rove blow up and response from Megyn Kelly and the Fox analysts online just there - say what you like about Fox (and I've said lots), but they know how to produce talkworthy television.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's a link to a Fox News article on how "media bias" won it for Obama. It really is a case of pot, kettle, black.

Five ways the mainstream media tipped the scales in favor of Obama | Fox News
    Even Educated Fleas Do It...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTEs never ending coverage of this ************************e. Why not give as much coverage to European elections??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had to laugh at Rachael Engish on Morning Ireland today talking about the "huge" interest in the election. We weren't given any choice Rachael, every channel, every programme, wall to wall coverage of an election that makes little difference as to how the United States is governed or how its foreign policy is dictated. I suppose the only positive thing is we don't have to listen to interviews with genealogists telling us about Romney's 29th cousin once removed being a turf-cutter from Tourmakeady who once backed a donkey at 100-1 in a three legged race and has taken just moved Pope John XXIII's photo to make a place for a US President named after an oven glove.
    "The rich always betray the poor"- Henry Joy McCracken