Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FG appoint Pat Spillane to head up rural Think Tank...

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FG appoint Pat Spillane to head up rural Think Tank...

...in a week when a few FG hacks were camped in a thread about a link between Darragh O'Se and FF, strange to hear so little from them about Pat Spillane getting the job as Chairperson of the Commission for the Economic Development of Rural Areas.

Pat to come up with game plan for rural boost - National News - Independent.ie

That would be the same former footballer who was linked to FG in a number of previous elections.

Now in fairness, I have heard him on the radio about this issue, and he seems passionate and thoughtful. And rural Ireland is getting a kicking, apologies for the pun. It's just that all the guffaws about the qualifications and suitability of former footballers and auctioneers from FG quarters...well now we have a job handed to a former footballer and publican by FG. I trust the remuneration is limited, he won't even have to face the electorate for it, and can't say I remember any invites for interviews...

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a bull************************ job position that will achieve nothing to be honest. Maybe he will merge with the Healy-Rae's in taking over Kerry, not like there isn't much left unconquered.

He hates Dublin and plays the eternal done down bogman.

This post could be right up his street.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A school teacher? Should provide a fresh insight then...
    Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Read an article of his in the Sunday World where he was complaining about rural Ireland being left behind and the need for regeneration and calling for the government to introduce a Gregory like deal for rural areas. Not once did he mention the consistency of parish pump gombeens being returned to the Dail or tjhe waste of public funds to keep the village idiot independent onside!!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hear they looked up every tree in North Dublin in search of a better candidate and none was found.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spillane has got it in for the diaspora too

Spillane calls for London league axe

I seem to remember that a team called An Riocht used to play in London. I wonder where they were from?

Oh the irony, he hasn't got the cop on to work out where all those depopulated from rural Ireland ended up. He wants to pull up the drawbridge on them.
    "Keep firing & don't stop until I tell you" General Tom Barry

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, the septic tank inspections is one of the issues he has railed against. I wonder will Phil have had a word in his ear, he didn't mention it in the newspaper reports about the appointment today.

Popular pundit speaks at Cahersiveen meeting on problems facing GAA clubs - News - Kerryman.ie

Politics.ie Member stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love Pat but there is no need for a Commission for the Economic Development of Rural Areas. Just cut rates and let people get on it with.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast