Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: US 2012 Vrs Germany 2013 coverage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default US 2012 Vrs Germany 2013 coverage

(Pet hate of mine)

There is ALOT of coverage on TV about the USA election and there has been for long time now.
    RTE and TV3 are doing election specials into the night as of course are the UK media agencies (dont know about TG4)

Question though: Next year Germany will elect a new parliament
    Weather or not to continue with the present CDU led coalition or to embrace the SDP
    Like it or not that election will be very important to us (especially if we are sill in the bailout)
    and will have much more of a direct effect on Ireland

Will or should irish media offer as much attention to that election as with the US and if not why not
    "We know what to do, we just dont know how to get elected afterwards" Jean-Claude Juncker on how to fix the European economy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's all about the razzmatazz!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

True.
    And can take a while to get parliamentary results
    "We know what to do, we just dont know how to get elected afterwards" Jean-Claude Juncker on how to fix the European economy

For what it's worth, Regina Doherty just said on RTE's Late Debate that she doesn't know when the German elections are.

Should I be outraged?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Germans will be running RTE by then!

I blame the Quinn family for this.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good point, but no the Irish media won't give additional programming for their election results.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    (Pet hate of mine)

There is ALOT of coverage on TV about the USA election and there has been for long time now.
    RTE and TV3 are doing election specials into the night as of course are the UK media agencies (dont know about TG4)

Question though: Next year Germany will elect a new parliament
    Weather or not to continue with the present CDU led coalition or to embrace the SDP
    Like it or not that election will be very important to us (especially if we are sill in the bailout)
    and will have much more of a direct effect on Ireland

Will or should irish media offer as much attention to that election as with the US and if not why not
    The President of the USA is the perceived leader of the "free world" it will always get more coverage than any other election. Also there is no major cultural connection between Ireland and Germany.

The above by the way is not to take from your point about how important next years German elections will be for the future of Europe and the Euro but it will not excite anyone beyond your average p.ie political addict.
    "If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because Germans are boring as f**k?
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    For what it's worth, Regina Doherty just said on RTE's Late Debate that she doesn't know when the German elections are.

Should I be outraged?
    Lets be honest, how many Irish people do know when the German elections are, very few I would say.
    "If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast