Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another firm to fall foul of the economic maelstrom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Another firm to fall foul of the economic maelstrom?

The Patton group is one of those firms that are synonymous with an area. Ballymena has been the home of this firm for generations. But it looks like the wolves are circling.

BBC News - Ballymena firm Patton facing cash pressures

Yet another victim following the collapse of the souths construction bubble.
    http://ulstersdoomed.blogspot.com/ http://www.requetes.com
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

Politics.ie Member Portadown madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets hope negotiations with the Bank come to some sort of an Agreement.

Nobody wants to see people losing their jobs, especially this time of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The stupid fekers jumped on the property boom and built up a large portfolio that collapsed.

Yet another example of opportunists who wanted to play the game and were part of the opportunism that drove property prices through the roof. Now, t's going to cost good men their jobs because of their cowboy bosses
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With No Paisley's in a senior position in the executive - its hard to see how Patton could survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Portadown madman View Post
    Lets hope negotiations with the Bank come to some sort of an Agreement.

Nobody wants to see people losing their jobs, especially this time of the year.
    Now, there's a thing. Isn't it odd how often there are big job losses this time of the year? Just something I've noticed over the years
    Ya wouldn't want to have seen t happening but if Eammon Mc Cann and Bernie Devlin conceived a child, ideologically, it would be me

Politics.ie Member Portadown madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eskrimador View Post
    The stupid fekers jumped on the property boom and built up a large portfolio that collapsed.

Yet another example of opportunists who wanted to play the game and were part of the opportunism that drove property prices through the roof. Now, t's going to cost good men their jobs because of their cowboy bosses
    Company my brother worked for went bust about year and a half ago. cowboy quantity surveyor was pricing jobs for next to nothing.

Company sank quick, subcontract Plasterers, Brickies, etc, lost everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Portadown madman View Post
    Company my brother worked for went bust about year and a half ago. cowboy quantity surveyor was pricing jobs for next to nothing.

Company sank quick, subcontract Plasterers, Brickies, etc, lost everything.
    My brother is a joiner and he walked off jobs because of the shoddy standards used. He worked on the first phase of those flats at the Musgrave/motorway junction and was happy but the second one was, according to him, a fukkin joke.

Meanwhile, DUP/SF will hit these guys and their families hard with the welform reforms when all they want is a day's work, which those stupid arses cant's facillitate.

Sure, we'll give them all another big pay packet in 2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It appears that administration is on the way due to cash flow according to latest info I have got - I know people who work in Pattons and this was on the cards since last Christ Mass
    For unionism this is as good as it gets, for nationalism this is the worse it can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    With No Paisley's in a senior position in the executive - its hard to see how Patton could survive.
    DUP have 3 seats up there, and Sinn Féin have one ... albeit to the likes of Drew, Storey, McIIveen and McKay who are relatively over-performing but minor figures in the parties relevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

On the news - it is in administration - that has two friends of mine in the ************************ if it goes down. The administrator says that redundancies are on the cards
    Last edited by ArtyisBack; 6th November 2012 at 03:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast