Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 84

Thread: Is it not time we had the right to purchase Fireworks?

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Is it not time we had the right to purchase Fireworks?

    Its November 5th and across the Irish sea all over Great Britain people are heading out to watch Firework displays.

    Some children wait for mummy and daddy to pull out the big box of fireworks that they purchased at the weekend in the local Asda for a few pounds and watch in amazement as the sky lights up across the neighbourhood.

    Every year for the past many decades the British population have enjoyed the delight that Fireworks bring to all, all around the world cultures use fireworks to highlight amazing sporting events and celebrations.

    In Ireland it would seem that we are too thick and stupid to be allowed to use fireworks and for our own safety they are banned and made illegal for us normal day to day folk to purchase.

    How sad is our country?

    Surely its time that the people of Ireland were allowed the same rights as those in the UK to be able to purchase fireworks. Why cant we celebrate Haloween with fireworks displays? Why cant we celebrate the New Year with Fireworks displays?

    How many of us sit around the TV on New Years Eve watching Big Ben sound in the new year to Fireworks? Wouldnt it be great if we could do the same too, Firework displays all over Ireland?

    Yes we can use the argument that local scum will get the fireworks and get upto all sorts of tricks with them, but the local scum appear to get their hands on fireworks anyhow, and if the UK can handle a few local yobs playing with fireworks surely we can?

    Its high time the right to fireworks for people in Ireland was allowed, we are adults and we should be given the same rights as our fellow European neighbours, we would also see a benefit to the economy as people purchased fireworks for displays and festivals and home events.

    Equal rights to fireworks.





  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member drummed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgrade Serbia
    Posts
    37,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ya, its time we all had the right to blow our own hands off for the sake of entertainment.
    Сохранить Украины

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    Ya, its time we all had the right to blow our own hands off for the sake of entertainment.
    Amazingly the British seem to manage just fine, are they better than us?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Bea C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    24,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    No.
    It is not time we had the right to purchase fireworks.
    After all, tomorrow is another day.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,829
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    Its November 5th and across the Irish sea all over Great Britain people are heading out to watch Firework displays.

    Some children wait for mummy and daddy to pull out the big box of fireworks that they purchased at the weekend in the local Asda for a few pounds and watch in amazement as the sky lights up across the neighbourhood.

    Every year for the past many decades the British population have enjoyed the delight that Fireworks bring to all, all around the world cultures use fireworks to highlight amazing sporting events and celebrations.

    In Ireland it would seem that we are too thick and stupid to be allowed to use fireworks and for our own safety they are banned and made illegal for us normal day to day folk to purchase.

    How sad is our country?

    Surely its time that the people of Ireland were allowed the same rights as those in the UK to be able to purchase fireworks. Why cant we celebrate Haloween with fireworks displays? Why cant we celebrate the New Year with Fireworks displays?

    How many of us sit around the TV on New Years Eve watching Big Ben sound in the new year to Fireworks? Wouldnt it be great if we could do the same too, Firework displays all over Ireland?

    Yes we can use the argument that local scum will get the fireworks and get upto all sorts of tricks with them, but the local scum appear to get their hands on fireworks anyhow, and if the UK can handle a few local yobs playing with fireworks surely we can?

    Its high time the right to fireworks for people in Ireland was allowed, we are adults and we should be given the same rights as our fellow European neighbours, we would also see a benefit to the economy as people purchased fireworks for displays and festivals and home events.

    Equal rights to fireworks.




    Bang on.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,461
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Ban the things completely.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bea C View Post
    No.
    It is not time we had the right to purchase fireworks.
    Why?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,667
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    At the moment we have drink, drugs, suicide, speeding to shuffle off the coil, we don't need another method.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Iarmhi
    Posts
    3,859
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Once they came in and everyone starting enjoying them - they would only be taxed to the hilt like fags and drink. Best left to a few sparklers.

    Wait till SF get in as they have access to a load of cheap stuff they are looking to get off their hands

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    3,969
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Ban the things completely.
    They are banned in Ireland, thats the point of the thread.

    I have used fireworks plenty of times, why is it if want to practice the same here its illegal and yet just a few miles North it isnt?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •