Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norah Casey...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Norah Casey...?

Thought we had a thread on her starting with Newstalk breakfast show,but cannot seem to find it.
    With Mid term and work and other bits and bobs have not listened much to early morning radio this week but see that RTE are running ads for some class of awful afternoon drivel and she is featured??

Has she left Newstalk??
    Or is she running Harmonia....and
    Still in Newstalk and in RTE at the same time....and
    On the National Paediatric Developement Board...????

Busy lady..!!
    She's "alright" in the morning..but have to say they are noticably absent at reading out texts against the Mater Hopsital Site while she's been there. I know...cos I have sent a few!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She was on what's his name on Sat. and apparently she's co-hosting more afternoon drivel during the week along with Daithi, Blaithnaid and Maura from down in Cork. Just caught a glimpse that Gaybo had her on the meaning of life also.

I've never met a national broadcaster who keeps regurgitating the same owl cronies over and over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aye...not that I watch the Meaning of Life....dribble...as opposed to drivel!!
    But definitely avoided tonight!!

She gone from newstalk so??........
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have to say I don't listen to Breakfast on Newstalk all that much since Norah Casey started alongside Chris Donaghue full time. I don't know what it is, I just don't like her. But what p's me off about her is that every second sentence out of her mouth begins with 'Well now, in my business'. We know you have a business Norah. Bully for you. The country is full of business owners just like you. Facing the same difficulties and getting on with it. But they don't start, continue and end every business with 'Well now, In .......Bla'

A good enough presenter. I just don't 'Get' her. Until Yeats comes back make Shane Coleman permanent. Let Norah go back to running her business
    Stand there in silence, look up to the sky and remember how brave they were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post

She gone from newstalk so??........
    No. She's still there unfortunately
    Stand there in silence, look up to the sky and remember how brave they were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Norah hosts new 'Loose Women' style show in RTE afternoon revamp - News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

Oh dear....both apparently!!
    I can avoid afternoon TV quite willingly....but perhaps ite time to go back to Morning Ireland!!....

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I'M a business woman"
    "I'm a nurse"
    "I'm a mother"...

Oh fe*k off Norah..is there anything you are NOT..maybe..perhaps....?????
    Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    Have to say I don't listen to Breakfast on Newstalk all that much since Norah Casey started alongside Chris Donaghue full time. I don't know what it is, I just don't like her. But what p's me off about her is that every second sentence out of her mouth begins with 'Well now, in my business'. We know you have a business Norah. Bully for you. The country is full of business owners just like you. Facing the same difficulties and getting on with it. But they don't start, continue and end every business with 'Well now, In .......Bla'

A good enough presenter. I just don't 'Get' her. Until Yeats comes back make Shane Coleman permanent. Let Norah go back to running her business

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by damus View Post
    She was on what's his name on Sat. and apparently she's co-hosting more afternoon drivel during the week along with Daithi, Blaithnaid and Maura from down in Cork. Just caught a glimpse that Gaybo had her on the meaning of life also.

I've never met a national broadcaster who keeps regurgitating the same owl cronies over and over again.

Caught a bit while awaiting TWIP. She was speaking about her husband's illness and she is obviously deep in grief over his death.

I didn't want the nitty gritty details of his last moments so switched rather than give her space in my head.

A bit like Brendan O'Connor, these people seem to think unhappy life events are unique to them.

Personal tragedy should be just that; I have to admire the British stiff upper lip sometimes, we have become completely emotionally incontinent here, 'sharing' everything in public.

To be fair to her, RTE did invite her and she obliged...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post

Give me Norah over Chris liberal (pro abortion/Gay rights, every bleedin day) Donaghue,

Norah is there because magazines are over, she is a smart cookie and silly glossies are in decline. Broadcasting in Ireland is bereft of talent and is full of lefty smug eejits who are just soooo boring and offer no answers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post

I would be far from a fan of hers but I thought it was a very good interview.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast