Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctors visit 60 for three minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Doctors visit 60 for three minutes.

Whet to my local doctor today with a bad chest infection, was in the waiting room for about five minutes went in to the doctor he took my blood pressure he listened to my chest asked how long was i like this i said a few days he write a prescription for some antibiotics, said if it does not improve come back in a weeks time, then got his receipt out, give me a bill for 60 i paid on the way out. all in about 3 minutes, do the professional class of people not know that there is a recession in Ireland and people dont have that kind on money any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People have the notion you pay professionals for their time. You pay for their expertise
    People demonise Fianna Fail and they are entitled to do so but same people are not capable of answering a few awkward questions themselves.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by commonman View Post
    Whet to my local doctor today with a bad chest infection, was in the waiting room for about five minutes went in to the doctor he took my blood pressure he listened to my chest asked how long was i like this i said a few days he write a prescription for some antibiotics, said if it does not improve come back in a weeks time, then got his receipt out, give me a bill for €60 i paid on the way out. all in about 3 minutes, do the professional class of people not know that there is a recession in Ireland and people dont have that kind on money any more.
    This is an area that really needs to be tackled. Fee paying public are being screwed bigtime.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whet to my local doctor today with a bad chest infection, was in the waiting room for about five minutes went in to the doctor he took my blood pressure he listened to my chest asked how long was i like this i said a few days he write a prescription for some antibiotics, said if it does not improve come back in a weeks time, then got his receipt out, give me a bill for €60 i paid on the way out. all in about 3 minutes, do the professional class of people not know that there is a recession in Ireland and people dont have that kind on money any more.
    For that amount of money you'd at least expect that he'd tell you that you had some serious illness.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Under the troika all the professional services were to be dealt with

Funnily it hasn't been tackled, yet we need reforms of every other sector, we need to widen the tax base BUT we have yet to tackle the professional services

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doctor, doctor, I have a bad chest infection.
    Cough up sixty euro and get the ****************************** out of my face!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you have a very efficient doctor, diagnoses, prescription in 3 minutes......well you go what you went for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last time I went to the doctor (verruca on my son's foot) diagnosis and writing the prescription took about a minute, however, the doc engaged in some un-necessary blather which took it up to about 4 minutes to justify the bill of 50 euro!

Politics.ie Member Tin Foil Hat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    People have the notion you pay professionals for their time. You pay for their expertise
    You pay for both. But sometimes you get neither.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poolfan81 View Post
    Under the troika all the professional services were to be dealt with

Funnily it hasn't been tackled, yet we need reforms of every other sector, we need to widen the tax base BUT we have yet to tackle the professional services
    Please tell us where in the IMF bailout is this mentioned......otherwise stop lying.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast