Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Men on the Moon - the story of the Apollo 11 landing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default First Men on the Moon - the story of the Apollo 11 landing

This website has a wonderful interactive content that blends the original audio recordings of the Apollo 11 landing with a colour video film shot from the Eagle lander:

The First Men on the Moon: The Apollo 11 Lunar Landing

It runs for about 20 minutes. Be sure to visit the website wearing headphones.

The moon landings were arguably the highest point of human scientific achievement. The men who worked on the project - without a doubt some of the smartest minds who ever lived - demonstrated that there is little that humanity can't achieve when enough resources are given to the right people to achieve specific goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Houyhnhnm View Post
    This website has a wonderful interactive content that blends the original audio recordings of the Apollo 11 landing with a colour video film shot from the Eagle lander:

The First Men on the Moon: The Apollo 11 Lunar Landing

It runs for about 20 minutes. Be sure to visit the website wearing headphones.

The moon landings were arguably the highest point of human scientific achievement. The men who worked on the project - without a doubt some of the smartest minds who ever lived - demonstrated that there is little that humanity can't achieve when enough resources are given to the right people to achieve specific goals.
    Very interesting but set your stopwatch, there'll be some eejit along shortly to tell you it was all a con, they never went to the Moon and it was all done on a studio-set somewhere.
    “There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can’t think of one at the moment.”

Politics.ie Member
    Blueshirts Hill / Ballybricken Waterford City.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by DanBreen; 1st November 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually have Armstrongs autograph, its to me and my mother got it in Cork in the early 1980's.....

Politics.ie Member kerdasi amaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtharper View Post
    Very interesting but set your stopwatch, there'll be some eejit along shortly to tell you it was all a con, they never went to the Moon and it was all done on a studio-set somewhere.
    Well, only an idiot would accept at face value anything NASA tells them.
    We have got as much as we are going to get out of Europe; it is, now, time to leave!
    EUROPA CONVENTUS DELENDA EST!...Whistle out the marching tune.....27

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by sgtharper
    Quote Originally Posted by kerdasi amaq View Post
    Well, only an idiot would accept at face value anything NASA tells them.
    Brilliant! What did I tell you!!!!
    “There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can’t think of one at the moment.”

Politics.ie Member Kevin Parlon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a life long Apollo tragic. There's only a few books on the subject I haven't read (there are many).

To the naysayers I say: Where is your sense of romance? Your spirit of adventure? Where is your awe and imagination?

To the deniers I say: "I'm sorry, but there's no other conclusion that can be drawn. You're officially stupid."

Thanks for the link.
    "It is amazing how many people think that they can answer an argument by attributing bad motives to those who disagree with them." - Thomas Sowell

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Parlon View Post
    I'm a life long Apollo tragic. There's only a few books on the subject I haven't read (there are many).

To the naysayers I say: Where is your sense of romance? Your spirit of adventure? Where is your awe and imagination?

To the deniers I say: "I'm sorry, but there's no other conclusion that can be drawn. You're officially stupid."

Thanks for the link.
    I've trolled both the lunar landings "affirmers" and the "deniers" in the past.

I think these things - 9/11, 'the Holocaust', Moon Landings - should be questioned though. It's lazy-minded to dismiss them as "conspiracy theories".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sgtharper View Post
    Brilliant! What did I tell you!!!!
    One scene I always remember is in Apollo 13 is where the meeting called to figure out how to get them back breaks up and you see the guys pulling out their slide rules. My favourite quote was from John Glenn waiting for blast off."my ass was strapped to a million pieces, all supplied by the lowest bidder"
    Beer is proof that God loves us - Benjamin Franklin

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScreeOrTalus View Post
    It's lazy-minded to dismiss them as "conspiracy theories".
    It isn't really.]
    If Ockham was alive today he'd advocate the use of a shotgun rather than a razor for these sort of arguments.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast