Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 204

Thread: Are Love/Hate and RTÉ exploiting the recent killing of Alan Ryan?

  1. #1
    SeamusNapoleon
    Guest

    Default Are Love/Hate and RTÉ exploiting the recent killing of Alan Ryan?

    Love/Hate back this November - RT Ten

    Dublin republican, Alan Ryan, was killed in early September of this year. His killing was seemingly carried out by somebody working for drug gangs in the capital; Alan Ryan’s membership of the 32 County Sovereignty Movement and Real IRA would have caused him to clash with drug gangs given these republican groupings opposition to such practises – as with the shooting of dealers in Cork, Dublin and Derry city.

    The upcoming season of Love/Hate centres – insofar as the advertisements would have us believe – on a clash between the protagonists and ‘the Ra’. The one-minute youtube clip for this season has several references to republicans, and prominently features footage of a republican funeral or parade.

    Love/Hate is a hugely popular television programme, and this season’s production predates the killing of Alan Ryan. However, the felon-setting – indeed the groundwork for Ryan’s death being interpreted as nothing more than another body-count in some drug turf war – long preceded the Love/Hate programme. Hack tabloid scribblers like Paul Williams and the fool at the Sunday World have been laying the explanatory basis for such killings on the part of drug gangs for years now, parroted unquestionably by others in the media despite a shred of hard evidence.

    Ryan’s death turned the spotlight back on the work of republicans, particularly in the capital, and their anti-drugs stance. Despite newspapers reporting a funeral attendance of between 500 and one-thousand, not one report I read sought to provide an explanation for why so many locals – yes, people from the north were there also – were in attendance. As hack, Paul Williams, well knows, there is money in throwing the republican movement into ‘discussions’ on the drug problem in the capital – however smear-like it may be.

    Has Love/Hate sought to exploit these issues, as hacked out by Paul Williams for years now?

    And has the editor responsible for the new season’s advertisement sought to exploit the recent news-worthy killing of a republican in the city at the hands of criminal drug gangs by featuring prominently such public, urban displays of republican support as were seen in north Dublin city not two months ago?

    Love/Hate | Coming Soon | RTÉ One - YouTube



    p.s.

    If anybody is going to quote the OP, please cut out the youtube video when you do so...

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    in an envelope in seans pocket
    Posts
    1,001
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I know that his grave was pissed on, get over it.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23,379
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Love/Hate is actually good.

    Sadly it reflects and could be accused of glorifying the scumbags in the drugs gangs that operate here.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,055
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Maker View Post
    I know that his grave was pissed on, get over it.
    I think you will find that this seasons Love Hate was recorded well before Ryan was clipped.

    I think you are reading too much into it.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member PO'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill 16, Croke Park.
    Posts
    12,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I'd imagine the script was written long before Alan Ryan's murder. Good series in general though.
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeamusNapoleon View Post
    Love/Hate back this November - RT Ten

    Dublin republican, Alan Ryan, was killed in early September of this year. His killing was seemingly carried out by somebody working for drug gangs in the capital; Alan Ryan’s membership of the 32 County Sovereignty Movement and Real IRA would have caused him to clash with drug gangs given these republican groupings opposition to such practises – as with the shooting of dealers in Cork, Dublin and Derry city.

    The upcoming season of Love/Hate centres – insofar as the advertisements would have us believe – on a clash between the protagonists and ‘the Ra’. The one-minute youtube clip for this season has several references to republicans, and prominently features footage of a republican funeral or parade.

    Love/Hate is a hugely popular television programme, and this season’s production predates the killing of Alan Ryan. However, the felon-setting – indeed the groundwork for Ryan’s death being interpreted as nothing more than another body-count in some drug turf war – long preceded the Love/Hate programme. Hack tabloid scribblers like Paul Williams and the fool at the Sunday World have been laying the explanatory basis for such killings on the part of drug gangs for years now, parroted unquestionably by others in the media despite a shred of hard evidence.

    Ryan’s death turned the spotlight back on the work of republicans, particularly in the capital, and their anti-drugs stance. Despite newspapers reporting a funeral attendance of between 500 and one-thousand, not one report I read sought to provide an explanation for why so many locals – yes, people from the north were there also – were in attendance. As hack, Paul Williams, well knows, there is money in throwing the republican movement into ‘discussions’ on the drug problem in the capital – however smear-like it may be.

    Has Love/Hate sought to exploit these issues, as hacked out by Paul Williams for years now?

    And has the editor responsible for the new season’s advertisement sought to exploit the recent news-worthy killing of a republican in the city at the hands of criminal drug gangs by featuring prominently such public, urban displays of republican support as were seen in north Dublin city not two months ago?

    Love/Hate | Coming Soon | RTÉ One - YouTube



    p.s.

    If anybody is going to quote the OP, please cut out the youtube video when you do so...
    The series was written and filmed and edited months ago.
    Republican have been hip deep in organized crime for decades.
    Saor Eire which seems to been made up of kids from industrial schools were influenced by Che Guevera and Baader Meinhof and other revolutionaries.
    Martin Cahill and his crew arguably had a political robin hood style image and had an uneasy relationship with the IRA.
    Gilligan and his gang and other drug dealers kicked money upstairs to the provos.
    Drugs gangs in Dublin have members whose families have republican backgrounds.
    And the dissidents are basically a criminal gang who wrap the green flag around themselves.
    Last edited by Hitch 22; 1st November 2012 at 03:34 PM.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member PO'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill 16, Croke Park.
    Posts
    12,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    Love/Hate is actually good.

    Sadly it reflects and could be accused of glorifying the scumbags in the drugs gangs that operate here.
    Apparently some criticized it because they reckoned the actors and actresses in it were too decent looking to portray skangers !!!!
    Follow the money in this country and it ALWAYS goes back to state support, be it tax breaks, state contracts and the manipulation of markets for the gombeen class.

  8. #8
    simeongrimes
    Guest

    Default

    I'm sure the 32CSM would be very upset anyone exploiting the drugs issue. Except for themselves of course.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member cogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7,432
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It is an excellent series - life imitating art - art imitating life.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member Little_Korean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    4,159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hack tabloid scribblers like Paul Williams and the fool at the Sunday World have been laying the explanatory basis for such killings on the part of drug gangs for years now, parroted unquestionably by others in the media despite a shred of hard evidence.
    Who else would be doing the killings if not drug, or at least criminal, gangs?

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •