Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Require citizens to first go to Citizens Information Centres rather than their TD's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Require citizens to first go to Citizens Information Centres rather than their TD's

Irish people misuse their TDs and national politics suffers as a result. E.g.

Johnny (not the brightest) asks his TD for help with rejected grant form, TD fixes elementary error, Johnny feels the TD pulled a stroke for him.

etc.

I propose that constituents should first have to go to their Citizens Information Centre for help, and if problem not resolved there, then they can go to their TD.

Obviously if a constituent has a problem of the form where it must go to the TD: the Citizens Information Centre will recognise this. And any constituent can bring a problem(resolved or not) to their TD after say a 6 week wait.

I'd propose to put this on statutory footing (like the no lobbying Nama), with penalties for TDs if they deal in the first instance with a constituent.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You those Muslims and those summons for non-payment of credit union and high rents, when their community Irish was given debt relieve of 500k then you're turning the immigrant seeking answers from the state gwango's to a bad citizen, please stop been self centered.

I tend to agree CyP.

However, a no lobbying law would also have to apply to groups such as sports clubs, business groups etc. But then the situation would be a bit ridiculous because TDs would not be getting normal democratic feedback.

This could be dealt with, possibly, by allowing all lobbying but forcing it into the public domain ...
    Redacted.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could we ban TD's from attending funerals?
    If you are government minister can you not just send a sympathy card and not go raising down the country to some wake up a boreen?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You reckoned that, they only help non-stereotype sort of people while they have more dossier than the stereotypes one, but who cares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would that have stopped the carry on noted in the Mahon and Moriarty Tribunals?
    At 12 weeks the “clump of cells” toes curl, her mouth makes sucking movements, she has a human face and if you prod the tummy she will move in response

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvotingMachine0197 View Post
    I tend to agree CyP.

However, a no lobbying law would also have to apply to groups such as sports clubs, business groups etc. But then the situation would be a bit ridiculous because TDs would not be getting normal democratic feedback.

This could be dealt with, possibly, by allowing all lobbying but forcing it into the public domain ...
    Think of the Citizens Advice Centres as a first line on inquiry, and on certain things, they just act as a TDs secretary and schedule an appointment

cYp

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Think of the Citizens Advice Centres as a first line on inquiry, and on certain things, they just act as a TDs secretary and schedule an appointment

cYp
    There could be a Constitutional problem with that though ..
    Redacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvotingMachine0197 View Post
    There could be a Constitutional problem with that though ..
    Change Bunreacht

cYp

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Would that have stopped the carry on noted in the Mahon and Moriarty Tribunals?
    That's a body set up by statute, have you been summoned by a tribunal ?
    And Why wouldn't you used wallace example who still held on to his seat, because constitutionally under
    Electoral law, any politicians that's is convicted and serve a term of imprisonment not more than six month
    Could still contest and be voted for in an elections, and what have you got to say on that ?

So stop boasting on people coming to your clinics around the country, just because a lot of people coming
    To TD's don't know their rights and law, but to get to those seating on their life is what poses a threat otherwise please lower your gaze!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast