Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bahrain bans all protests

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bahrain bans all protests

The US and Saudi backed regime has banned protests in the country. The coverage from the Western media has been largely low key. Quelle surprise.

US-Backed Regime in Bahrain Bans All Protests -- News from Antiwar.com

The US-backed dictatorship in Bahrain has banned all rallies and protests in the country, the latest repressive measure imposed on the population in response to persistent pro-democracy protests that have not let up for almost two years now.

Lt. Gen. Shaikh Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa, Bahrain’s interior minister, issued a statement on Monday essentially announcing that freedom of expression in Bahrain is a threat to the state and inserting lies about the pro-reform movement’s ties with “extremism.”
    Odd that Rodham Clinton is railing against a dictatorship in Damascus while keeping quite on another one in Manama.

Has it something to do with the US Fifth Fleet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    Odd that Rodham Clinton is railing against a dictatorship in Damascus while keeping quite on another one in Manama.

Odder still that you can express an opinion about the democratic deficit in Bahrain, only in the context of US interests. Iranian and Russian support of Assad by comparison is not something you seem to feel the need to condemn. Is the situation on the ground in Bahrain not to be discussed on its own merits?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good spot Partizan.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Partizan: no comparisons please as our pro Salafist/Yankee sock puppets wil have to diss them.
    Keep on message : Syria, Iran, Sudan and anyone else Israel objects to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The US and Saudi backed regime has banned protests in the country. The coverage from the Western media has been largely low key. Quelle surprise.

You need to ask?

Right now an alarm is going off in Andy12345's cage sorry cave.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am guessing you want US military intervention to overthrow the regime and bring elections?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thac0man View Post
    Odder still that you can express an opinion about the democratic deficit in Bahrain, only in the context of US interests. Iranian and Russian support of Assad by comparison is not something you seem to feel the need to condemn. Is the situation on the ground in Bahrain not to be discussed on its own merits?
    Partizan and myself for that matter have supported all peaceful resolutions in Syria since the beginning of the conflict and opposition to the arming of the rebellion + influx of Islamic extremists - I don't see why you need to dismiss the dictatorship in Bahrain by deflecting it onto Syrian views, or those of Iran.

Why not address the problem, perhaps because the great sponsor of democracy is a realist state interested only in international hegemony? Maybe a step too far but it certainly looks that way - If there is a crackdown on Bahraini citizens by the police and the US nor the UK, or EU for that matter say nothing, will the obvious double standards be revealed? I think they will be, while as I state again, I have stood by a non-interventionist policy in Syria, and a non-interventionist in any country undergoing change, not selectively pick those that suit me and those that don't. I supported non-interventionism in Libya as well mind you, Libya has turned out great, government doesn't have full influence over the country and there are armed warlords / militia's in control of the country, look back five years and Libya has the highest living standard in Northern Africa + a stable government and country, oh the woes.
    "The great appear great because we are on our knees: Let us rise." James Larkin.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    I am guessing you want US military intervention to overthrow the regime and bring elections?
    That is very funny, not. Bahrain is mostly Shia and since the Yanks lost their mat, the Shah of Iran, Shias have not been all that popular over there.
    The Shias are the guardians of the Levantine Christians or what is left of them. Funny old world.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Odd that RT is giving so much coverage to Bahrain on this issue and silent on Assads crackdown and killing of those who dare demonstrate.

Has it something to do with the port of Tartus?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Peaceful protest Bahrain style!!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast