Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween, "No Go" areas and the Gardai

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Halloween, "No Go" areas and the Gardai

Gardai pinpoint ‘no go areas’ for firemen battling Halloween fires tonight - National News - Independent.ie

The weather is dry this evening in Dublin, so the gardai, through the Indo, are declaring certain bits of Dublin "No-Go" areas.

The Indo are either just scaremongering, or (based on my experience of west Tallaght) spot on, and the Gardai are unable to police tonight.

Not sure what the solution here is, but water Cannon and dye would be a start...

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Regarding the weather, a Garda I knew years ago used to pray for torrential rain on Halloween night...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh the joy!

Buses will stop running early in a lot of places. Another excuse for behaving like animals. Actually I take that back as an insult to our furry friends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

can we borrow a few psni water cannons and armoured landies?

go in heavy with riot gear and worry about the consequences tomorrow...we can't allow gangs etc to run feral for even one night.
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I have to cycle from Sheriff St. up the North Circular and out through Finglas to get home this evening...

I hope to report back later on my safe arrival home , failing that I'll probably have a great collection of fireworks and rocks/bottles

UPDATE:One rock and a couple of bangers, no bottles (that were close enough to notice), on the whole a quiet Halloween
    Last edited by Skrynesaver; 31st October 2012 at 09:18 PM.
    So many lamp posts, so little rope.

Politics.ie Member sauntersplash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suppose the conclusion is that certain sections of society need to let off a little steam every now and then. I'm inclined to agree.
    "No." - Rosa Parks

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skrynesaver View Post
    So I have to cycle from Sheriff St. up the North Circular and out through Finglas to get home this evening...

I hope to report back later on my safe arrival home , failing that I'll probably have a great collection of fireworks and rocks/bottles
    Makes Blade Runner sound like a retired folks bowling match.

Best of luck

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sauntersplash View Post
    I suppose the conclusion is that certain sections of society need to let off a little steam every now and then. I'm inclined to agree.
    Not sure giving Gardai a free reign tonight is the answer.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zakalwe1 View Post
    can we borrow a few psni water cannons and armoured landies?

go in heavy with riot gear and worry about the consequences tomorrow...we can't allow gangs etc to run feral for even one night.
    Aside from the violence of the night their is underage drinking to think about aswell. I used to drink when I was underage but I would never drink Halloween night, far too dangerous its one of those nights of the year like paddys day were youth goes savage. Not to mention the amount of Casual sex that it is to come as the night goes on. Plenty of young girls go to nightclubs dressing like whores. I swear to god we have a generation of whores and drug addicts and nights like these expose that. Luckily however their has been very little fireworks heard which may be a sign of easiness or calm before the storm........

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skrynesaver View Post

Im from the quiet enough part of Finglas/Glasnevin. I would not even contemplate going anywhere near Finglas West or South tonight. Good luck

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast