Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone aware of the government's plan

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is anyone aware of the government's plan

During the last election we were bombarded with the 5 point plan by FG. A recipe for reform and financial recovery by all accounts.

FG have been the dominant party in government for 20 months now and I would have expected, like any good plan should be, that it would be taken out, a critical "plan vs. actual" assessment conducted and the plan revised in terms of scope or timeline to ensure it's objectives were still being met.

Does anyone know what's happened to the 5 point plan and the assumptions made in it? Now that Euro growth has not and will not materialize, that the "easy" reform of costs seems impossible, etc., shouldn't FG and Labour be having a long hard look at the plan and making the necessary amendments?

Does anyone know what's next on the plan and what's involved?

I know two thing about plans - they only work if people know and understand what's on them and what that means to them AND that when a plan isn't working you need to re-visit it and be open about what's worked and what's not. FG seem to be keeping curious Paddy firmly in the dark about what is and isn't working and what needs to happen next.
    The more things change....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They don't need us, yet we have the legal right to exist what does that mean please, because i am often laughing when i hear that ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shenana View Post
    They don't need us, yet we have the legal right to exist what does that mean please, because i am often laughing when i hear that ?
    Can you please learn English or else forget about posting on this site?

The reason being is that none of your posts makes sense!
    Last edited by FrankSpeaks; 31st October 2012 at 03:43 PM.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mitt Romney also has a "five point plan".

It couldn't be that the same election advisers are making this stuff up, could it?

Politics.ie Member Spanner Island's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    During the last election we were bombarded with the 5 point plan by FG. A recipe for reform and financial recovery by all accounts.

FG have been the dominant party in government for 20 months now and I would have expected, like any good plan should be, that it would be taken out, a critical "plan vs. actual" assessment conducted and the plan revised in terms of scope or timeline to ensure it's objectives were still being met.

Does anyone know what's happened to the 5 point plan and the assumptions made in it? Now that Euro growth has not and will not materialize, that the "easy" reform of costs seems impossible, etc., shouldn't FG and Labour be having a long hard look at the plan and making the necessary amendments?

I know two thing about plans - they only work if people know and understand what's on them and what that means to them AND that when a plan isn't working you need to re-visit it and be open about what's worked and what's not. FG seem to be keeping curious Paddy firmly in the dark about what is and isn't working and what needs to happen next.
    If we stopped paying the parasites they'd soon come up with a plan...

As for the 5 point plan... I've consigned it to the dustbin of my memory...

Any government that either can't or refuses to trigger a perfectly valid clause in an 'agreement' (e.g. the inability to pay clause in the CPA) when it's patently clear to anyone with a brain that the CPA isn't affordable or sustainable - well let's just say they ain't much of a government imo...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Goverment are also in the dark, they are waiting for the Germans to decide what should be done......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd be pretty certain that 5 Point Plan hit the back of the waste paper basket as soon as the election was over.

They now have the Program for Government from which they are picking minor issues to try to achieve as the big ticket ones like UHI and Reform are quietly dropped , with the hope everyone forgets about them. Unfortunately, you will get the FG trolls on here soon to call us Shinners and point out that we know nothing. It's getting increasingly difficult to have any discussion on this site with them constantly trolling.

I think your right in that, if they had a regular update as to how these issues are progressing, highlighting the issues stopping them from being made a reality.... "it's FF's fault" was never, or is now an reasonable excuse. It would give the public more of an insight into what's actually going on. Unfortunately though, the behaviour of the Government so far has been to dodge and deflect at every turn.

I actually don't think they have the wherewithal to Govern. Given the unprecedented destruction facing the Country, there should be regular State of the Nation address to inform people as to how the Country is doing. The only downside to that is nobody believes them....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Much of the FG election platform was opportunistic bull,especially the plan to introduce Dutch style healthcare and purging quangos. Minister Bruton distinguished himself several years ago with an excellent expose of quangos but in office is largely silent on that. To be fair to FG,the electorate swung left in the general election,to Labour,Sinn Fein and independent leftys. That left little scope for FG's platform and made government cutbacks difficult.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As you probably remember no party won an overall majority in the 2011 General election and the current FG/Labour coalition government didn't put forward a joint manifesto so the Government are currently implementing their post election negotiated agreement "Towards Recovery: Programme for a National Government 2011 – 2016"
    "You want fame? Well, fame costs. And right here is where you start paying........"

Northern Ireland - without forgiveness, there is dysfunctionality.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heligoland View Post
    Mitt Romney also has a "five point plan".

It couldn't be that the same election advisers are making this stuff up, could it?
    I blame the Irish electorate. They made the concept look like as if gets people elected.

I mean it even got Leo Varadkar and Dicey Reilly elected. No wonder Campaign RMoney were impressed.
    Coveney's ambition is the be Ireland's next EU Commissar and Ireland will pay a price as he builds his CV to position himself sufficiently loyal to the nEU empire.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast