Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rent Allowence and Holidays.

Politics.ie Member seanmoylantd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rent Allowence and Holidays.

My brother in law took two weeks to go to an non EU country to see his family.He told SW he was going and would be back in 2 weeks.He informed them when he got back,and went down about his Rent Allowance to the Relieving Officer,who was annoyed because he hadn't been informed also.[He didn't know to inform the HSE].The Officer has stopped the Rent until my brother in law produces 3 months Bank Statments,the credit card bill,proof he bought a ticket online,and statments explaing how he supported himself while on holiday.
    My brother in law stayed with his Mother.No record.
    His sister in laws sister bought the ticket with her card.Her privacy is affected,and theres no gaurantee her paperworkwill be accepted.
    He has saved for 5 years for this trip.He put some money away weekly.Theres no record.
    The bank statment is no problem ,as he has no money in his account
    Im his innnocence ,he thouht he was entitled to his break for two weeks.Seemingly not.

I want to complain about this .Is there anyone I can make an appeal to?
    I asked my local TD.He said when its HSE not SW they can do what they like.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanmoylantd View Post
    My brother in law took two weeks to go to an non EU country to see his family.He told SW he was going and would be back in 2 weeks.He informed them when he got back,and went down about his Rent Allowance to the Relieving Officer,who was annoyed because he hadn't been informed also.[He didn't know to inform the HSE].The Officer has stopped the Rent until my brother in law produces 3 months Bank Statments,the credit card bill,proof he bought a ticket online,and statments explaing how he supported himself while on holiday.
    My brother in law stayed with his Mother.No record.
    His sister in laws sister bought the ticket with her card.Her privacy is affected,and theres no gaurantee her paperworkwill be accepted.
    He has saved for 5 years for this trip.He put some money away weekly.Theres no record.
    The bank statment is no problem ,as he has no money in his account
    Im his innnocence ,he thouht he was entitled to his break for two weeks.Seemingly not.

I want to complain about this .Is there anyone I can make an appeal to?
    I asked my local TD.He said when its HSE not SW they can do what they like.

Rent allowance should be payable when you in occupation, if not there not payable......simples.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odie1kanobe View Post
    Rent allowance should be payable when you in occupation, if not there not payable......simples.
    It still has to be paid. If he was n hospital would you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    It still has to be paid. If he was n hospital would you say the same?
    You still in the state and in hospital for a good reason, if you choose to exit the country its a voluntary decision.

Politics.ie Member moralhazard77's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's austerity. The government are using delay and obstruction or any excuse they can find to not have to pay out various social welfare payments. I know carers who are in terrible circumstances who are waiting nearly a year for carer's allowance. They keep getting fobbed off by being asked to resubmit the same financial records again and again. It's an obvious tactic to try and make the figures look better and remain within set budgets I suppose. It's a very cruel and socially destructive way to go about it but these are the times we live in.

SW recipients are obligated to inform the SW Dept if they are not available for work at any time (i.e. taking a holiday) so unfortunately your brother in law has broken the rules by not informing the HSE also and this will be used as the reason to stop the Rent Allowance payment. Although you would imagine informing the SW office would be adequate. Seems very unfair.
    Last edited by moralhazard77; 31st October 2012 at 03:32 PM.
    The role of the EU is to make the rich in Europe richer - Vincent Browne

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes landlords house is now been turn to a storage free facilities imagine isn't it ?

They did it to me aswell, when i went to Nigeria on 2 1/2 month brake, i am still waiting on the
    Income support department on my case before i take the rent to the appellate office in D'ollier house in Dublin
    For jack and jill process they want to introduce even when they're informed in writing.
    Last edited by shenana; 31st October 2012 at 03:22 PM.

Politics.ie Member moralhazard77's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alara View Post
    It sounds like he did inform the SW, but he didn't realize he had to inform the HSE separately, hence the current problem.
    Thanks I just realised that when I re-read it. The HSE have huge budget over runs so I suppose they will use any method to stop payments. He should have been told when he informed the SW office that if he was receiving rent allowance he would need to inform the HSE also. One would imagine telling the SW officer would have been enough.
    The role of the EU is to make the rich in Europe richer - Vincent Browne

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralhazard77 View Post
    Thanks I just realised that when I re-read it. The HSE have huge budget over runs so I suppose they will use any method to stop payments.
    The REALLY infuriating thing about the HSE is that they'll spend far more in the man hours it will take to dispute the payment than it would to actually make the payment. There are many high paid jobs in the HSE that exist purely to ensure that people don't get their due entitlements - well paid bottom feeders who believe a penny withheld is a penny earned (by themselves).
    The more things change....

Quote Originally Posted by shenana View Post
    Yes landlords house is now been turn to a storage free facilities imagine isn't it ?

They did it to me aswell, when i went to Nigeria on 2 1/2 month brake, i am still waiting on the
    Income support department on my case before i take the rent to the appellate office in D'ollier house in Dublin
    For jack and jill process they want to introduce even when they're informed in writing.
    If you can afford to go to Nigeria for 2 1/2 months you can afford to pay for yourself.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast